• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Crown Hydro dip project is finally finished!

Well, the FX Crown I was having hydro dipped is finally finished. My boys helped me pick out the blue Kryptek pattern and while I wouldn't put this pattern on a high end hunting rifle, for an air gun I though it would be fun and kind of cool. Needless to say, as you can see, it turned out a lot flashier and in your face than I thought it was going to. My boys absolutely love it and are thrilled about the way it looks. The work turned out great and only cost $60, so I'm hoping it grows on me. The Brocock Bantam Hi Lite and Hatsan AT-44 are next, my son is having a light blue, lightning bolt pattern put on the Hatsan and the Brocock will be done with a more traditional beige, gray, brown, olive Kryptek pattern. Can't beat the price... 3 guns for $180! Have a great evening. Stoti

1534131447_2640755515b70fcf7aef9a5.60417217_20180812_090157_resized.jpg

1534131470_20308912015b70fd0ea0fae3.05096720_20180811_173101_resized (2).jpg

1534132795_14106609155b71023b0136e0.24186038_20180812_193154 (2).jpg

N2Stuff, I was going to do mine myself too. However after watching a ton of you tube videos I found out that thumbhole stocks have to be dipped twice, each half. It made it a lot more difficult. I can check with my guy if you want him to do it. You could send your stock. Don't know a price for you, or a timeframe but I can definitely look into it for you. I'll see him tomorrow evening if you want me to ask. I bought this film but he has about 30 others to choose from. Stoti

Michael,

it was your info that helped us get this all worked out, that is, how to dip the thumbhole stock. I really didn't want a seam but he had to do it, you were definitely right. I tried to push him to do the dip where I would help push the water/film with my hands to make it go into the thumbhole. He wasn't having it and I'm glad he steered me away from trying that method. He definitely knows what he's doing and knew to do the seem method. It looks great though, I don't even notice the seam. I kind of like how one side of the gun has the larger Kryptek blocks and the other side has the smaller blocks from the film we purchased.

My neighbor, Troy down the street has had a very successful paint business for 25-30 years. He knows everything there is about paint, air brushing etc. and just started dipping for profit maybe a year ago. He has a professional facility for sure but wants to get his name out there, hence the fee of only $60. There were a couple little spots where the finish "stretched" or looked weird but luckily Troy is a master with an airbrush too. Really can't complain for $60. 

Buckeye, the finish is gloss. Again, my boy's choice. I did like the gloss from the get go. He did a couple little samples with matte, semi gloss and gloss and we all liked the gloss best. It was the first glossy finish he had done on a gun because we live in a very rural community with a lot of hunters. I'm sure most all of the stocks he's done so far have been traditional camo and a matte finish. Stoti

N2Stuff, I was going to do mine myself too. However after watching a ton of you tube videos I found out that thumbhole stocks have to be dipped twice, each half. It made it a lot more difficult. I can check with my guy if you want him to do it. You could send your stock. Don't know a price for you, or a timeframe but I can definitely look into it for you. I'll see him tomorrow evening if you want me to ask. I bought this film but he has about 30 others to choose from. Stoti

Thanks stoti, I know it will need to be double dipped and I'm fine with that. I'm looking at small pattern dip just for that reason. I will let you know if I can't do it or if I even decide to try.