FX Crown help

Couple of things- never adjust power wheel while gun has been cocked, but you probably already knew that. When questioning the quality or accuracy of gages and since you’re waiting for new ones to come in, drain the gun of all air and switch the gages over from the reg pressure to the bottle pressure to see if it shows a difference. 

When setting up a gun to adjust reg pressure, drain the gun completely, close off the regulator by turning the adjustment screw clockwise carefully till it comes to a soft stop(do not over tighten!), then turn CCW like a half turn so air will flow thru your regulator when you replace the air cylinder. At this point you are now starting at say 80-100 BAR(as an example). Then pick a reg pressure you would like to start testing with. Like for example a 22 cal start at 115 BAR, 25 cal 125 BAR, 30 cal at around 135-140 BAR. On HUMA’s website, under the reg support section on setting up a reg, he speaks of respecting reg pressures for certain calibers. Great reading on regulated set up and functions of a reg.

As you slowly turn the reg screw outward CCW, do so in tiny increments, stop, and dry fire twice and see where it settles in and at what pressure. Tiny increments means tiny, cause an 1/8 turn can be too much then you’ll have to start over. DO NOT turn the adjustment screw CW if you went too much and went past your chosen setting. There’s a school of thought that says some of the newer FX regs can be lowered in presssure by simple turning the adjustment screw CW 1/4 turn then dry fire. This may be ok to do, but I’m not chancing it. You’re trying to close off extremely high pressure air, and something’s gotta give. I would just rather drain the gun and start over and work my way back up again. Only takes a few minutes.

I would get a new gauge since it is that much off. You basically do not need an accurate gauge to tune the gun. If you do it the right way, you will use a chronograph and measure the max speed of the gun, where the chronograph deside the pressure, not the other way around. What is more important is that the gauge read the steps right, so if you are gonna increase like 5 bar at a time, the gauge needs to read that. So in your case if you wanted to increase 5 bar, you had to go from 170, to 175 bar on your gauge.