Fx crown hand pump

Tig,
The hand pump should arrive with everything you need to hook up to a male foster fitting. The FX Crown MK2 folks will have to say if the gun has a foster fitting or uses a fill probe. A fill probe normally requires a foster fitting adapter to be screwed on the end or you can buy a new fill probe with built-in foster fitting. Check out Pyramyd Air for the fill probe adapter, around $10. WM

So I’ve heard. But dropping the money on the gun, for starters im alright with that for now lol. I see a nice electric pump in the very near future.

go to your local fire stations and see if they will part with any of their scba tanks,
ive got them between free and 50 bucks.

they will fill them for you too.

then snag a fill system (can be had as cheap as $45 ish on ebay)

Tig,
Sorry, my directions weren't perfect, but you found it. IF your Crown has a fill probe it will only have a threaded end opposite the part that inserts in the gun. This adapter screws on those threads so you can hook up hand pump female foster. If your buying used, the seller probably already took care of this. Of course, we still haven't heard if the Crown uses a fill probe. WM

Tig,
Well done, sir. Very frustrating getting everything together only to find you need that adapter, ask me how I know. Other than that, you should be good to go. New guns will come with barrel preservative inside that should be removed. I use Ballistol and Patch Worm to clean mine, like many members. Search in archives for further info or watch the AEAC video on Patch Worm and new barrel cleaning. WM

Was addicted very early on in the research stage. I knew right away I was going deep down the rabbit hole. And I’ll love every minute of it. Can always make more money. Thanks again for everything. Happy shooting to you too!!

For me (see sig below) hand pumps work fine. But if you are going to shoot a lot during a single session, you WILL need a GOOD compressor.

Lots of people like the Yong Heng, but it does require water and frequent maintenance from what I have read.

If you have the $$$$, you may want to look at the higher end compressors. Especially if you think you will be shooting a lot and purchasing more higher end airguns.

Just my .02¢

Good luck in any case! (smile)

The Crown does indeed have a foster fitting, but the adapter you ordered will come in handy. There should be a female foster fitting included with your new gun, your adapter will fit that female foster fitting, which in turn will work as an extender to more easily attach to the somewhat recessed male fitting on your gun. This will make much more sense when you get your gun, and have everything in front of you.

Reactions: WorriedMan
you should buy an external air filter if the pump has one internally they are a few bucks on Amazon ($10?) also remember you have to fill the filter to pressure b4 it fills the gun so extra pumping , sorry . I started the same way yes it got old and quickly learned to only let the gun supply go down half way to the regulator so just toping off instead of the whole tank .