fx crown "hammerspring ring"

Metallic ringing can be from hammer contacting the valve (nearly all pcp's exhibit this and the only fix I've personally found is using a compressed leather striker (compressed leather resides in a pocket drilled within a steel striker that keeps leather retained).

Springs some times have a twang to them, but generally the above is more of an issue. Theres a few other possible noises from metallic ping, such as shrouds/ldcs that use metal for material opposed to carbon fiber. I personally don't get a crazy ping from my shroud/ldc which are both aluminum

Put your ear nearby where the hammer contacts the valve and fire the rifle safely, and if the sound is predominant from that area then you know your problem area. Can repeat with ear by hammer spring (further back from valve), and also once near the shroud (safely away from muzzle) to pinpoint where the ring is coming from. Hope you get it sorted.

Hi,

I'm hearing a pretty loud "ring", when my crown .177 fires. is this normal, and is there a fix for it? It sounds like a cheap toygun". I don't find anything about this online, so I'm wondering if it's my gun.

Any thoughts`are welcome!

Hi sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties with your hammer spring, Send us an email at [email protected], and we can start to find a solution for you with a technician as soon as possible. 

Regards,

FX Customer Service Support

Springs some times have a twang to them, but generally the above is more of an issue. Theres a few other possible noises from metallic ping, such as shrouds/ldcs that use metal for material opposed to carbon fiber. I personally don't get a crazy ping from my shroud/ldc which are both aluminum

Found it! Checked and cleaned the shroud. Thank you sir!!