FX FX Crown GRS Continuum Standing Position

Hi All, I am eagerly waiting for the arrival of a FX Crown GRS Continuum, 380, 700 barrel. My goal is to use it Standing at 200 yards, with the 700 and slugs. Have a life time of experience in ISSF 10 meter Air rifle , and Smallbore 3 position. I may want to do a modification on fore end, for sling attachment point for prone , kneeling, all in good time. I am eager to learn about this long distance air rifle , and what it will take to make my goals happen. One question would be , Is there any other position shooter doing this with a gun of this type?
There are so many good benefits to using "Air" for this sport. Finding or starting a loosely organized Air group in this discipline would be great, in Central NH. Future 200 yd pic. 20230514_134616 - Copy - Copy.jpg

Hi All, I am eagerly waiting for the arrival of a FX Crown GRS Continuum, 380, 700 barrel. My goal is to use it Standing at 200 yards, with the 700 and slugs. Have a life time of experience in ISSF 10 meter Air rifle , and Smallbore 3 position. I may want to do a modification on fore end, for sling attachment point for prone , kneeling, all in good time. I am eager to learn about this long distance air rifle , and what it will take to make my goals happen. One question would be , Is there any other position shooter doing this with a gun of this type?
There are so many good benefits to using "Air" for this sport. Finding or starting a loosely organized Air group in this discipline would be great, in Central NH. Future 200 yd pic.View attachment 357852
Check out the Field Target and Bench rest sections and or ?

Went from scoped 8 1/2 pounds , added 1 1/2 pounds for a total of 10 pounds even. I did not move the sights from last nights low group. Tonight's Standing was a pleasant surprise as I got down range. I do remember throwing those 2 high ones. All the others were nice /clean on the x or close to it.. The additional weight is keeping the gun from moving. It still moves a little , but much20230601_191233.jpg20230601_191248.jpg20230601_191340.jpg
20230601_201037.jpg
less. Now I feel better when it is time to switch to a correct 100 yard target.

Last edited:
Will try to make this short. Benchrest is sighted in for direct hit, 10x ring. Things change when I shoot Standing, am using a 20x scope , so I occasionally see it all happen. When trigger is released, the muzzle goes up approx 1 to 2 o'clock, then drops back down to 7 or 8 o'clock. My actual shot grouping is at 7 to 8 o'clock. So I am concluding that the slug is in the barrel until the barrel is in the downward movement. Am trying to shoot as low velocity as possible to get this task done, thus keeping this muzzle movement to its minimum. And at the same time, weighting the rifle , to also limit this muzzle movement as much as possible. This last test proved of adding 1 pound to be a big game changer, the 2 tight 8 oclock shots near the ten were perfectly executed. I would like to add this weight up front in a better manner.20230608_203340.jpg20230608_144122.jpg

Got the chronograph Vikka, am at 870 feet per second, with a 25.4 knockout slug, 120 Bar, power wheel distance of 20.0mm and at #13.
Benching it, was x ring perfect, but when standing, it groups low left, yellow circle,
So shoot for group and move sights. It takes me a few shots to get warmed up, at bull 3, I was really doing well, so I moved sights again.
All concluding, sight adjustment needs to be done from bench to Standing, but must be able to group well Standing to be able to adjust sights for Standing.20230610_211503 - Copy.jpgIf it is possible to say this group difference is due to the different recoil absorption from Bench to Standing and the slow slug velocity, longer time in 700mm barrel...? With the Vikka , was at 11 pds 4 oz.

Last edited:
Tonight Getting better tighter group, 6"overall, no fliers. May move the sights 2" down, 2" right.View attachment 360684
My 20 something year old self from the 1980's is jealous, that would be about the single best group I ever shot offhand at 100 back when I shot CMP competitions and burned a couple thousand rounds in practice every month. Standing was the one thing that kept me from getting my distinguished marksman rating. I actually shot my handguns better standing than rifles, I was good prone and not bad sitting though.

I'm new to airguns but my work rifle was 18 lbs so the most important part is to make your core strong. Then to assist in taking out one of the movements we found it helpful to start with the muzzle higher than the 10x ring and slowly letting it fall, That assisted with controlling the right to left movement.

One thing I noticed about this gun. Or at least my Crown, is it is not in the least bit hold sensative. I can set it on a table, put it on target, and stand beside it and pull the trigger and it will nail a 1.5" spinner at 100 yards. Loose hold, tight hold, doesn't matter. I found it easier to shoot accurately in the lightest config possible. Just due to being easier to hold up for longer. Having a shorter barrel helps as well. If you do pull a shot, it'll have less overall affect on your accuracy. Which is why I use a 500mm barrel for slugs. That and obviously length of pull. Trying to drag a 700mm + moderator traditional rifle thru the brush is honestly just silly.

Most of it is just figuring out what works for the gun, and figuring out what works for you. And the gun essentially likes everything. So it only comes down to your technique to keep it stable and on target.

Pretty much final trigger tune done and very pleased with the results.
One item has got me puzzled, from night to night, what was on a dead x ring shot the night before,
is first shot is high 2 to 3 inches, I need to keep track of this info on paper, so info can be looked at in a better manner.
Do air guns vary with ambient barometric and/or temperature day to day change? to make this much of a difference?.
Starting to sink in thought wise, do a few warm up shots first. Plenum sitting around all day under pressure.
Also found this info here, https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/temperature-inside-outside-pellet-velocity-change.1139205/
And keep using the new chronograph i just got. Thanks
860 fps, 110 bar, 25.4 knockout, 20.0 mm distance and #13 wheel pos, medium pos on wheel. Scope mounts are tight. 20230613_212606 - Copy - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: .20calguy
Back to 100 yards. It seems like my first shot, is gone far off Left, for each target, both first shots felt like tens. Should I be dry firing an empty charge of air, before this first shot.
First shot for first target was 24 hour wait period, first shot for 2nd target was 5 minutes, (reload mag time). Both same spot, re: sight move20230620_075052 - Copy.jpg

Reactions: .20calguy