FX Crown Continuum?

Anyone else see this on the Crown page at FX?

Did the “Compact” get renamed and “400mm and 700mm barrel included“?

FX makes my head hurt.

1555428035_20872548685cb5f2c30dd456.43974948_E4DD1149-0682-4753-85D8-64B57A425384.png

1555427929_1081545125cb5f25990edf1.01395190_80EF3F87-A09A-4389-A8BD-E4D1C7136772.png

Looks like we have way more questions than answers.

Im pretty sure they had that crown listed as the “Compact” a few weeks ago and that’s what they introduced at IWA now I don’t even see the “Compact “ name on it. Then they put a small paragraph describing this “Continuum “?

It’s as if they go completely out of their way to make their product line as confusing as possible. I’m going to try and email them for some clarification. We’ll see.

Why they don’t post on here and clear things up blows me away.

This will be my first trip to the darkside and was was totally set on the Crown. The more time I waste trying to figure this out just pushes me closer and closer to getting a Red Wolf. Price stinks but at least ordering one won’t be some mystery grab bag.

Thank you all for bringing the subject up and trying to clarify. Is the picatinny rail system exclusive to FX Crown Continuum or all of the Crowns will be offered this way from now on? Also what is the case with the 4 screw side locking system for the barrel? Again, is that the new system for all FX Crown rifles or only the Continuum?

As for the 400mm barrel, how much is the accuracy affected? by that, I do not mean 25 yard groups but rather 75-100 yards. I tend to agree with "srtmat" about confusion on FX fast development of products and their variants. I love both FX and Daystate and own both but the Daystate route seems a bit more straight forward. 

All else being equal, a shorter barrel will just about always be the most accurate, "If" the velocity is there to fully stabilize the pellets at long range and give the terminal ballistics needed . 

The reason for this is both due to barrel harmonics and the shorter time between trigger release and the pellet leaving the muzzle. And exactly why PB bench guns have short stiff barrels.

Knife

Id like to get this.
1f918-1f3fc.svg
Anyone know if the continuum barrels will fit/work with previous crown models? I’m assuming so but just curious if anyone can confirm this.
1f919-1f3fc.svg

My understanding is that they will fit. I have to wonder how quiet the 700mm will be. I had to choose the DonnyFL shrouded option for my order, it would be ideal if it's as quiet as my current Crown with the 600mm and Sumo for backyard situations. If not, I'm going to want to toss the 600mm on (putting a Sumo on a 700mm barrel would put it in Texan territory length-wise!).

I also wonder what the twist rate is in the little 380mm barrel. Hopefully it's decent.

MtnGhost

Thanks for the reply. I do think the 700mm with a moderator is ridiculously long looking but in the backyard aesthetics won’t matter. (As long as a Texan )😂 thats a big rifle! I’m on the fence to buy this to build my current crown system. Anyone know when the .25 or .30 comes out? I only saw the .22 available and the .25 is coming soon. 🎯