FX Crown Continuum

your POA vs POI will be greatly affected !

thats just part of it.

if your getting a MK2 version with the 4 screws that hold the barrel,

this is where adjusting the screws to find there middle travel and go from there. equally the same on each.

i love both of my MK2 crowns, which each has there share of continnum parts !!

good luck !

Reactions: Mr12PM
Absolutely love my Continuum.

Just over 20,000 rds through it. Pretty easy to find a decent tune that works just fine for both barrels. Barrel change is quick and easy. My poi is always off by a little bit but it only takes 2-3 shots to re-zero. 
To be honest I have no use for the 700mm and almost never shoot it anymore. The 380mm barrel makes for such a nice semi compact gun. 700mm is completely unmanageable in my opinion and I just don’t have a need for that much power.

If I have one gripe it is that you have to take the stock off to access the hammer spring adjustment. With the two barrels you know people are going to be doing a lot of tweaking. I plan on taking my stock to work and milling out a notch for access.

Other than that, this gun has preformed wonderfully for me.

What caliber are you planning to get?

Absolutely love my Continuum.

Just over 20,000 rds through it. Pretty easy to find a decent tune that works just fine for both barrels. Barrel change is quick and easy. My poi is always off by a little bit but it only takes 2-3 shots to re-zero. 
To be honest I have no use for the 700mm and almost never shoot it anymore. The 380mm barrel makes for such a nice semi compact gun. 700mm is completely unmanageable in my opinion and I just don’t have a need for that much power.

If I have one gripe it is that you have to take the stock off to access the hammer spring adjustment. With the two barrels you know people are going to be doing a lot of tweaking. I plan on taking my stock to work and milling out a notch for access.

Other than that, this gun has preformed wonderfully for me.

What caliber are you planning to get?

25 cal, thanks

I have a Mk1 Continuum, and wouldn't part with it. Extremely accurate and capable. POI will shift with a different barrel. There far too many variables at play. No way around that besides dumb luck. Even then you'd have to measure the torque on the retaining screws to repeat.

The short barrel is really brilliant. It's easier to shoot more accurately off hand due to low pellet dwell time in the barrel. I get a good 32fpe from the short barrel in 22 using 16gr pellets. 

Trigger, balance, weight, and feel are all supurb to me. 

It is great with the Continuum that you get 2 barrels for only $100 more than the gun with a single barrel. BUT...

The 2 barrel lengths which come with the Continuum kit are kind of specialized, and I think that many might be better off in buying the gun with the 500 or 600mm barrel only.

In the .25 cal you are looking to get, the 700 barrel is indeed useful for longer range bench shooting. Its just that the gun is sooo long and cumbersome with this barrel. My .25 cal Continuum wears a GRS stock, so it is dedicated as a bench gun. It wears the 700mm, but doesn't come out to play all that often.

So I was also wanting a more handy length of .25 Crown. No doubt in my mind that the 380mm barrel is fantastic to a point and makes the gun really handy. But shooting a barrel that short one kind of starts to run out of juice out beyond 75-80 yards, especially with heavies.

In the end I wound up buying a 500mm barreled Crown as a fun, all-around handy & capable gun. Just has a bit more punch than the 380mm barrel, and I don't keep jamming it into the ceiling like the 700mm barrel.

I think that 500 is best for a Crown in .25 if most of the shooting is 100 yards or less, and you want the most capable gun at a handy length. 600 mm if you shoot 100+ a lot or like shooting the heavies.

My 2 cents of personal opinion and experience.

I have had four Crowns, moving from a MK1 Continuum and a MK1 600. I have migrated to still having two Crowns, but both are MK2s. I have .22 barrels in every length, 380mm, 500mm, 600mm and 700mm. In .25 I have 380mm and 600mm and in .30 I have 700mm barrels.

I agree with pretty much everything that was said by Long_Gun_Dallas and TMH. The 500mm is, for me, the sweet spot in the .22 caliber. The 380 is very very handy and easy to walk and swing, the 700mm is a powerhouse, but the 500 is what stays on my .22 everyday. In the heavier calibers I tend to want “more’ power, and for those I find the 700 or 600 barrels more useful, but then again these are not what I walk around with, but tend to shoot from the bench.

The Continuum is simply a great deal, and when I had only one high end airgun it made too much sense to pass up. Now that I have a bunch with many choices that I can tailor to specific needs its not as compelling, and of course I have all these barrels. If it was my first high end one I would buy it in a heartbeat… wait. I actually did that…

One word of warning though. After buying it and shooting it for a while, I sold my two Marauders and my AirForce Condor SS, and ended up, along with the Crowns, with a couple of Impacts, a Dreamline, and three Semi-Autos. I blame the Continuum.

Chris

I got a question about the FX Crown Continuum. I had ordered one but when it arrived it turned out that it was a FX Crown Standard w/the 380 mm and 700 mm barrels. The seller argues that it's the "same gun" and does not know why I am so frustrated about this. While I feel duped, I am not sure if it is worth it returning the gun to insist getting a bona fide Continuum from FX. To make things worse, the FX Crown Continuum is advertised w/the padded and fitted case, but when I ordered the CRS stock, the gun arrived in a cheap ass long case (which was used and the baffles inside were torn up, but that is another story).reportedly bc the CRS stock is too big. Looking at my Impact case, it seems that the CRS stock and the gun would fit if one shaves off some of the padding. Kind of pissed that FX is being so cheap on one of their flagship guns. 

Should I return the gun or just grimace and keep it as the new rifle will not be functionally any different (I presume bc I have not shot this rifle at all bc of this Standard/bona fide continuum issue).

As long as you have a mk2 Crown, it is the same gun. As far as the case goes, I would also be disappointed, that said, I will tell you that I never use the case, and I doubt I’m alone in that. While the fitted case is a nice “presentation case” , I find it impractical to use, as I would need to strip things off the gun, and have the 380mm barrel on it, for it to fit. I use a soft case for transport, the rare times I travel with it. 

DesAstor - If this is a Mk2, I don't know how you could tell that "it was a FX Crown Standard"? In the Mk2, they are the same 'gun'.

Regarding the hard case, I'm assuming that the gun you bought had the GRS stock? If that is true then yes, I guess that they normally come in a shorter case, with the 380mm barrel installed, a cut-out which fits the GRS stock, and the 700mm barrel in its own separate cut-out. I just had to go out to my shed and check the case my GRS Continuum came in. The case has been in the shed since I bought the gun and installed the 700mm barrel. Personally that OEM case seems kind of useless to me, and I kind of wish FX would ship all their guns in cardboard boxes and reduce the price by $50. The cases all just take up room in my shed as I have other carry choices I much prefer. Given the choice of hard cases, however, I actually prefer the 'non-customized' egg crate foam cases that FX is now using for some guns - If I need a hard case these are flexible enough to use with any gun and still provide the protection one needs (unless maybe traveling around the world with your air gun, but in that case you would probably just buy a Pelican case anyway).

So I don't think you have anything to worry about. If your gun started off as a 'standard' Crown Mk2 and the dealer provided it with the Continuum package's 380 and 700mm barrels, then you essentially ended up with a Continuum. These guns are made to be 'modular' anyway, accepting any length (and caliber) barrel. I would just make sure to remove the shrouds and see that you got the appropriate liners for current new Crowns (STX 'Superior', I would guess).

And then just enjoy your new Continuum.