• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Crown Continuum Mkii...

So after a lot of homework, watching videos, reading reviews, and comparing with other rifles, I finally ended up buying one in .25

Excited at the aspect of getting it in my hands. Anyone else have 1 of these beauties? I went the synthetic route as I am a little rough and tumble with my stuff. Besides, I can always get a nice wood stock later as well as a Saber Tactical sometime.

PRO's/CON's from other owners would be a great resource for me. Thanx everyone!

I do like Crowns - a lot! My single Continuum set is also in .25. You will likely be amazed at how accurately the gun shoots with the 380mm barrel, at least out to about 75 yards in my opinion. You may also be surprised at how long the gun gets with the 700mm barrel installed. I actually leave the 700 on my .25 Continuum as it wears a GRS stock and I only shoot that gun off the bench. I also have a .25 which I purchased as a VP model (500mm barrel), since I had extra 480cc CF air tanks and an extra walnut stock. That gun is definitely more handy to carry around and shoot, and is just fine out to the 100 yards I have shot it. More utilitarian and a bit more usable as compared to the GRS 700mm, and just a little more punch as compared to the 380mm barrel.

Carrying the gun around - walk and stalk - the Crown synthetic stock is maybe one of the best. On the bench, however, I find the extra weight of a wood or laminate wood stock to help me steady the gun a little further off a front bipod/rear bag or off 2 bags. And if your hands fit the GRS stock (it seems to me to be sized for fairly large hands), I have never felt more comfortable (and stable) with any other gun stock right out of the box. But I wear size 2XL gloves.

Congrats on your purchase - you did your homework well. It is really tough to beat a Crown with its wide diversity of things it does very well. Some guns may be shorter, some may have more power, others may do this one or another thing better. But as an overall package, the Crown sits at the top of the heap with only a couple other true competitors (which to me really only include the more expensive Daystate Red Wolf, and the less easily adjustable and more bench specific RAW HM1000x).

Unless you like tons of bench or rested shooting, go ahead and get a 500mm liner and shroud tube (fx will sell you the tube, AOA will sell the liner) convert the other barrel to 500mm and Thank me later. 

Also I've never had an issue with the fixed cheek combs. They seem perfect to me. 

Synthetics are real nice. Highly durable and comfortable finish. Extremely light. But don't rest it too hard on a bipod if you put a rail on it! I like using the hawke bottle clamp for the sling attachment and use a bipod that attaches to sling stud. I find my wood one balances slightly better offhand and is more stable, but it's pretty negligible. Almost all crown Walnut stocks are super bland and unappealing, unless it's a very early Crown. I think mine came off a gen 2 (my Mk1 Continuum is gen 3) I got lucky, not quite so bad, but all the newer ones I see are honestly kind of saddening. 

Also recommend the carbon liner tubes. 

Oh and if you want a barrel band (see lower photo). Black arts makes an absolutely top notch product. And is currently on my gun. 

Here's my mk1

122016895_10158660416639034_1613549501850166926_n.1631246048 1.1648586387.jpg

20211126_024233.1648587140.jpg

PSX_20201116_131452.1625001656.1648586782.jpg

Thanks everyone! I almost, excuse the pun, pulled the trigger on a Gauntlet 2. But when I ran across this, I fell in love with the looks, impressive power and accuracy it offers. Not to mention, I feel I got a smoking good deal on it @ $1799, unlike my LCS SK-19 @ close to $2200....

I wanted to stay in the .25 caliber range as I have THOUSANDS of pellets/slugs of this caliber already in various weights and manufacture (thanx to my Armada and SK-19).

Being long doesn't bother me as much because I also have a .457 CF Texan and the DFL Emporer with 6.5" extension is QUITE friggin long! Lol.

I mostly shoot BR, and minor pesting/hunting so I feel I can have best of both worlds without spending a lot more $$$. Lol

However, I would like to see a higher magazine capacity sometime soon for this. But, I'm not complaining yet 1 bit.

I have been looking at different options for something relatively compact and light for a hunting and pesting airgun, but I can't seem to like bullpups when I shoot them. The synthetic stock Crown with a 380mm barrel seems like it might fit my needs (maybe with a sweet hydro dip....). @TMH @Long_Gun_Dallas You guys sound like you hunt with these, maybe you can answer a question I have.

Lots of people talk about a lack of sturdiness with FX guns. I am careful and not particularly clumsy, but life happens. If the gun is slung and the barrel bangs into a tree, how much are you concerned? If you trip and fall and the gun hits the ground, are you screwed or can it take a little, reasonable, banging around?

Thanks,

pg