• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Fx Crown Continuum how to get more power?

The stock valve seal on the crown has enough sealing surface for 6.35mm VS but not enough for 6.5mm VS. The impact has a larger size stock valve seal that will accept up to 6.5mm VS without needing to change the valve seal.

ok I will have to put a 6.35 stamp, that was the one I ordered.

but in some post or something I read that you could put the 6.5 and changing the valve pin but I did not find information so I gave up on that

+1 , power is why you have the 700, 380mm trying for power is so inefficient and you just won’t get there. Shoot kings and hades@ 850, really what it was made for. IMO. Cheers

+2, I haven’t found any benefit in pushing the 380mm barrel much past 850fps. Fortunately at that speed it launches 25.4 Kings with fantastic accuracy. Even out to 100yds this 380mm barrel has really impressed me.

Here are a couple pics of my probe and transfer port. After modifying it feeds pellets just like stock I haven’t tried slugs yet but I do have a twin port Huma on the way I’ll be testing.

1586533539_14944588025e9094a3d78250.12752638.jpeg
1586533540_7356447565e9094a41bbc86.92988829.png
1586533540_5486567855e9094a461ec79.54812976.png

If you haven’t yet read through this thread yet you should.

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/fx-impact-mods-for-more-fpe/

It is geared more towards the Impact but it is full of great info. Much of which applies to the Crown as well.

Hi folks,

It will be good to compare results in here. I just put my slug liner in and spat out a few 33 grain Nielsen slugs, I think they were doing about 860-875fps. I can certainly use more power. I am sitting at 150 bar now and I am not going to bother doing any tuning until I put the mods in place. 

It is good reading this thread because I also have a Crown Continuum .25 and I am just going down the road of doing a few mods. I have also ordered the Huma split port TP and I also have ordered a heavier hammer and larger valve seat. However, I just realized that the valve seat that I ordered if 6.6mm and I am concerned about my valve seal. Can anyone please tell me where I can get a larger valve seal and even better, if there are any videos about how to change it!

I have chatted with a few guys who made power plenums for their Crowns but I have not yet gotten much info from them. I was thinking that it should be possible to do by adding a cylinder at the low pressure gauge, like with the impact. Has anyone toyed with this idea as well? One of the guys I chatted with said he did it but did not get much of an FPS increase. I asked if he had opened up the hole, re-tapped it and used a larger diameter port than the existing hole. I have not heard back from him yet on this.

Cheers!