• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Fx Crown Continuum how to get more power?

Hello everybody.

I want to get more power on my fx crown continuum.

right now is in stock @ 150 bars.
I have seen that huma sells a G3 regulator from 130 to 200 bar and was thinking of going up to 170 bar.

They also sell a 2-hole transfer port and I want to try it.

I don't know if I have to buy something else

I don't know if it is good or bad or what you can recommend, I am new to PCP rifles.

My configuration is to use the .25 380mm barrel with H&N baracuda hunter extreme and sometimes 700mm NSA Slug 36 grns but that barrel is very long to go hunting.

I bought a chrono but it still has not arrived to know exactly what speed I am pulling but I always seek to obtain the best power since I was a prey very far away, he died but it is not the intention.

thanks for your help

For more power - larger valve seat and hammer.

I have heard that the Fx Crown Continuum already comes with the 6.35mm titanium valve seat, I really don't know how true that is.

I will start by changing the original regulator and increase more pressure.

JoeKool has guided me a bit on the hammer and I will buy one, but I don't know what weight I need to open 175 bars, the transfer port will put a double hole and the pellet probe works? how should I do it?

Thank you

Throat your port to funnel air into the barrel. radius the turn into the barrel to reduce turbulence. Add a 7gm hammer weight if you intend to run 150bar. Get a 6.35mm valve seat. And slightly larger valve stem seal.

1586490292_18094385635e8febb4e94bf1.91344764.png
1586490293_11854965845e8febb5ed6261.83155084.png
1586490488_20599914555e8fec784eee40.03157476.png
1586490489_1371681435e8fec797480d9.50639208.png

I found those valve seats on eBay which is better than which to shoot at 175 bars, and is the hammer weight well 7 grn for 175 or heavier?
Could you send me the link of the other thing that I have to buy?
so far i have
-Regulator @ 175
-TP 2 Holes
-Valve seat 6.35
-Hammer (I don't know what weight for 175)
anything else?

Thank you

For those with larger valve seats is there any advantage when running at lower reg pressure or are the valve stem/seat gains only seen at higher pressures?

I have a .25 cal Continuum and I’ve ported the transfer port and probe with great results. 40fps increases in each barrel. 

I was able to get 25.4gr up to 890fps out of the 380mm at 150-155 bar but at the expense of shot cycle and efficiency. I have backed the reg to 140 and have it shooting 25.4’s at 865fps and 34gr at up to 920fps in 700mm they shoot really nice at PW 4 at 880. 
Would adding Valve seat and stem help increase flow? I’d love to be able to take the reg even further down. 

On my gun I found with hammer spring maxed out it didn’t seem to gain anything above 155-160bar. I think a heavier hammer weight would definitely be needed to explore higher reg pressures.
The higher I cranked this gun up the less I enjoyed shooting it especially the 380mm barrel which is the one I use most. I’m really enjoying this gun ported with the reg backed down.

The first thing you must do to tune in is to have a chronograph, each barrel has a maximum speed that is in relation to its length, if you already have that maximum speed, no matter how many things you do to it, what you will increase will be insignificant if the 700mm barrel is very long try one of 500mm or 600mm. If you increase to 170 bar you will need to change hammer and spring

Regards

good your answer.
Right now I am hesitant to buy a hammer of 8 9 or 10 gr hammer.

do I have to change the spring?

So far I have compiled that I have to change
-the regulator
-valve seat
-heavier hammer
-modify the probe

any other advice? I am considering changing the barrel bigger than 380 but shorter than 700

Hi Dani

I do not know what the maximum speed of your barrel 380 is but once you have obtained everything you do it will not be worth it if you do not increase the length of the barrel

Regards

+1 , power is why you have the 700, 380mm trying for power is so inefficient and you just won’t get there. Shoot kings and hades@ 850, really what it was made for. IMO. Cheers 

Hi Dani

I do not know what the maximum speed of your barrel 380 is but once you have obtained everything you do it will not be worth it if you do not increase the length of the barrel

Regards

It sounds very interesting and very logical.
You may have to evaluate buying a barrel of 500 which would be the feeling that follows, in order to have more power.
I did not contemplate that expense, because the kit is somewhat expensive.
The most that comes to mind that I would like would be the 500 super ligth

For 175 bar get a 13 or 13.5gr hammer weight. The 6.35mm valve seat would be idea. You may need a larger valve seal. I use a 7mm one on my 6.5 seat (30 caliber) but usually the 5.5mm is in the gun and factory valve seal. ( I shoot .22 a lot)

ok a 6.35 valve seal is on the way.
I think that is enough, I have heard that to put one of impact you have to change the stem but I do not get it and apparently there is not much information about it