• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Crown competitors

I thought the RAW was a competitor, plus it comes in a left-handed model as does an Air Arms 510 and such, you guys are saying there is no competition and only raving about your Crowns like you are trying to sell them!
My goodness, you are almost selling me on it, naw I want a left-handed RAW......geezzz, though ,what a great endorsement for the Crown, but I am not biting yet.;)

• Haha
Reactions: qball
I thought the RAW was a competitor, plus it comes in a left-handed model as does an Air Arms 510 and such, you guys are saying there is no competition and only raving about your Crowns like you are trying to sell them!
My goodness, you are almost selling me on it, naw I want a left-handed RAW......geezzz, though ,what a great endorsement for the Crown, but I am not biting yet.;)
Check out his requirements, and that’s probably why. Can’t get a raw for under $1500 new. They are NOT light by any means in traditional stock, and their adjustability isn’t as simple as the crown.
Now I’m not faulting someone for owning a raw. They are high class, super well built rifles, that in my opinion, are more reliable than any FX out there, but in this particular curcumastance, it doesn’t seem to fit what the OP wants.

This is the best group, so far, from my Crown @ 100 yard. Just started tuning for 20.2 NSA’s. I’m not a great shot, so the gun gets the credit more than the shooter in my case.
21FD7449-5A6F-4145-A92E-AC950F733862.png

This is the best group, so far, from my Crown @ 100 yard. Just started tuning for 20.2 NSA’s. I’m not a great shot, so the gun gets the credit more than the shooter in my case. View attachment 326488
I am struggling beyond 75 yds with 18.1 gr pellets and I am not getting anywhere with hybrids.
Would you mind sharing your tune?

I agree that the Crown 600 barrel is the sweet spot, what I love to see on the Crown is the instrument panel looking regulators set up with exposed hammer adjustment of the the FX Panthera
View attachment 319345
Time to send a Christmas list to Frederick concerning the Crown Mk3!😁

I am struggling beyond 75 yds with 18.1 gr pellets and I am not getting anywhere with hybrids.
Would you mind sharing your tune?
Gun is a mk2 in a Saber Tactical stock. 500mm superior liner, with a carbon fiber sleeve, Huma spring, FX pin probe, and Donny FX mod. Reg @ 150 bar, speed was, I believe 940ish.

Last edited:
I agree that the Crown 600 barrel is the sweet spot, what I love to see on the Crown is the instrument panel looking regulators set up with exposed hammer adjustment of the the FX Panthera
View attachment 319345
Yes! And you can throw the FX chrony on the back so you can see all the data! Perhaps it's fantasyland, but I like the idea of the Panthera in the Crown GRS stock. That's a sexy thought. I know, not PRS blah, blah, blah, but still.

Reactions: Raider03
Was there any physical evidence of it being a refurb? Marks of any sort at all?
Only weirdness was a mid-matched FX shipping box that was for an Impact I think so serial obviously did not match.
This is my first FX so…one mag, FX fill adapter thing, gun, manual and threaded barrel protector. Oh and stickers!

Reactions: qball
Only weirdness was a mid-matched FX shipping box that was for an Impact I think so serial obviously did not match.
This is my first FX so…one mag, FX fill adapter thing, gun, manual and threaded barrel protector. Oh and stickers!
I bought the same, just watch, my internal hammer spring setting was way off, threw me for a loop for awhile.
But now its a shooter, lots of testing left to do but im finally getting somewhere with adjustments.

About ready to step up the game and treat myself, looking at Crown Mkii in .22. Would love to swing for the continuum kit but will likely end up with a 500mm Synthetic.
Question is, is there another option in:
- traditional rifle format (not a fan of action or airtube near my ear)
- less than 40” not including moderator
- adjustable, I have my avenger tuned to go 22 to 35fpe with hammer spring only and I use it
- sub 7lb
- needs to shoot pellets (I have tons of cphp and jsb 18s)
- as well as slugs (I also have tons of Nielson 17-23gr)
- budget is up to about $1500 on the upper end

What I have now:
Avenger .22
Flashpup .22
PP 750 .177
RWS D48 .22
(So you see this is a treat for me)

Aspirations long term include HFT, NRL22, possibly bench?
Not a hunter, I pest rats in urban (has to be quietish) backyard and paper punch 20-125 yd. When target shooting I usually use sticks and stool or a natural rest, sometimes prone if I’m feelin it.

I like the idea of the Crown for its versatility and the opportunity to try out some higher weight slugs for 100yd.

Thanks for reading. You all have been a wealth of knowledge over the years so interested in ideas if any seem to fit and maybe other input to consider.
Have you considered a Daystate Huntsman Revere Regulated? ($1495)
1678156722284.png

I bought the Crown Continuum for my first high level PCP. I just recently bought a Daystate Air Wolf to see what was all the buzz about computerized air rifles. While sporting 10 year old technology, the Air Wolf is a sensational rifle, and I could only think a new Huntsman would amaze, and it is within your $1500 budget.

Smooth twist is good, I have one such barrel for my crown (old impact takeoff). In my experience, you really need to shoot it 880fps or lower otherwise it fouls up super fast. View attachment 319330
LGD . . . have you ever given any thought to undue stress on your bottle connection that your front sling attachment may affect. I have a crown and I have one of those metal bands, but have not used it yet.

Well , my opinion about this gun is a bit different. I get my FX Crown 5-6 years ago , and since that day I've never been able to make it shoot consistenly . I get about 6 different barrels , .22 , 25 , 30 . Original barrel assembly , superlight assembly , 500mm and 600mm , STX or A liners , Huma reg , carbon fiber sleeve , barrel band.....never fixed the POI shifting problems . Can be very accurate for several shots then suddently the group moves up or down , left or right..
I don't know why but something doesn't match between me and this gun :sneaky:. It's really too bad because it's a very nice gun and , looking to others FX Crown shooters, it has a lot of potential in accuracy.
On the other hand I have a Wildcat .25 1st generation wich is a laser and my most trusted gun.
Have you totally eliminated moderator clipping as your POI problem?

LGD . . . have you ever given any thought to undue stress on your bottle connection that your front sling attachment may affect. I have a crown and I have one of those metal bands, but have not used it yet.
I have. From what I can tell, the structure of the gun and the bottle is far above sufficient to sustain such loads.

Reactions: orangeokie