• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Crown competitors

Have you totally eliminated moderator clipping as your POI problem?
Well , maybe not totally ; I use a DonnyFl Koi .25 to shoot .22 pellets to partially eliminate this problem . On the other hand I've enlarged the barrel band because it touched the shroud . It seems that the groups are better now. But to shoot 23 grs slugs at 920Ft/s , I have to turn the HST to max , reg pressure to 140bars and transfert port to .25/30 ; this seems to be strange .....

Reactions: orangeokie
I am not versed well enough in all other air guns, but I have a Crown MKII in 25 with a 600mm barrel. I had a Crown MKII GRS in 25 as well that came witch 2 barrels. I no longer have the GRS. I did not care for the stock. Much prefer the Synthetic.
Any rate, I used to think multiple barrels was a good option. I now would not waste my time or money on it. Once you get your gun all set up and shooting good, the last thing you are going to want to do is change the barrel, retune and re-zero the scope. It just ain’t worth the trouble.
I chose the 600 because I wanted to shoot slugs. The 500 may shoot slugs, but it will consume some air getting it done. The 600 is not, repeat not, an easy gun to maneuver nor manipulate in tighter quarters. I think the 500 would be much better suited. If I was going to limit my shooting to pellets, I would look hard at the 380mm barrel. My GRS had one and I loved it. Made the Crown a great walk around hunter and delivered all the power I wanted out of pellets.
If you go Crown, I think you will really like it. Sadly mine is throwing shade on my M3 now. I prefer the Crown over my M3.
I’m with you 100%. Switching barrels although easy enough to change, tune and sight in, a pain and I’m afraid of touching it when I’ve put so much time and effort into getting it right. Just entered my first match this weekend with my Crown MkII and took 1st.
Crown MkII
.22 700mm barrel
Jsb 25.4 redesign
929fps
Reg: 130
Hammer:23
Selector: High

Reactions: 1a2a3m4p and DNF