• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Crown competitors

It's hard not to like the Crown. I have one more coming this week from Utah Air that has been hydro-dipped in Black lightening. I really looking forward to seeing how it turns out. The synthetic is really lightweight, plus I already had the one laminate stock I really like. The Blue Laminate is a 25cal and the Synthetic is .22cal with 500mm barrel.

IMG_1598.jpeg
IMG_1601.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: whyzee and qball
I have a Crown Mk2 synthetic stock, with both a 600mm .25 barrel as well as a 600mm .22 barrel. I have installed a barrel band and a 700cc air vessel.
I prefer the .25 600mm as it produces more horsepower and great accuracy shooting the Neilson 29gr slugs at 970 fps. Std .9 over 10 shots.
The 600mm barrel in .22 performs very well shooting the Neilson 26.8 slugs. Same std.
I have heard numerous folks say that they get better accuracy with a higher std, which I disagree with. My theory is when the internal ballistics is in "harmony " with greater velocity consistency, then you can concentrate on tuning for groups with barrel harmonics, not say a slight adjustment to the hammer strike might be needed to achieve those sub moa groups.
Very hard to beat the Mk2, sometimes a bit hard to tune , having to remove the stock to adjust the per-load on the hammer spring but once that is set, it's a dream to shooting, whether hunting or target.
I can harding wait to see the new innovations from the new Pantera to be incorporated into the Mk3!

I have 2 Crown's in 600mm after having the 300, 500 and 700mm barrels the 600mm is the best to me with a 700cc bottel on both
One member here has 5 of them at one point, maybe more View attachment 319314

This makes me feel a little better about my “excess” with 2 Crowns. I do regret selling my crown Gen 1.5 or Gen 1 with pic rail on top. It is better at lower power range and the action is quieter with lighter hammer, it is an amazing pellet shooter, hope one day I’ll find one in classified for a good deal.

I have a Crown Mk2 synthetic stock, with both a 600mm .25 barrel as well as a 600mm .22 barrel. I have installed a barrel band and a 700cc air vessel.
I prefer the .25 600mm as it produces more horsepower and great accuracy shooting the Neilson 29gr slugs at 970 fps. Std .9 over 10 shots.
The 600mm barrel in .22 performs very well shooting the Neilson 26.8 slugs. Same std.
I have heard numerous folks say that they get better accuracy with a higher std, which I disagree with. My theory is when the internal ballistics is in "harmony " with greater velocity consistency, then you can concentrate on tuning for groups with barrel harmonics, not say a slight adjustment to the hammer strike might be needed to achieve those sub moa groups.
Very hard to beat the Mk2, sometimes a bit hard to tune , having to remove the stock to adjust the per-load on the hammer spring but once that is set, it's a dream to shooting, whether hunting or target.
I can harding wait to see the new innovations from the new Pantera to be incorporated into the Mk3!
I agree that the Crown 600 barrel is the sweet spot, what I love to see on the Crown is the instrument panel looking regulators set up with exposed hammer adjustment of the the FX Panthera
Screen Shot 2023-01-02 at 9.44.12 AM.jpg

I think you'll love the 500mm barrel. I had to get my hands on one when the superior liners came out. I bonded the carbon reinforcing tube to mine, and it's really not picky with any ammo I've put thru it. The shorter the barrel, the less it is affected by harmonics, and the less dwell time the projectile has. Plus they are easier to maneuver in the brush.
Synthetic 500mm .22 ordered!
FYI…the “refurbs” that Utah has are actually just new old stock and have full warranty per Alex at UAG this morning.
Can’t wait!

Synthetic 500mm .22 ordered!
FYI…the “refurbs” that Utah has are actually just new old stock and have full warranty per Alex at UAG this morning.
Can’t wait!

The 1450 price for the V model wasn't all that attractive so they are putting them on sale which at 1199 is absolutely an amazing deal!
Good thing you ordered the gun or.......
1672790717064.png

Last edited:
So my 380mm 22 crown shoots the JSB 18’s at 880, but it also loves the H&N 21 grain slugs at 875. No need to change barrels. I just change the transfer port wheel from 177/22 (pellets) to the 25/30 and I am shooting slugs. super accurate both ways.

I own 3 crowns, compete with a 25 in EFT and bench rest and’ a 177 for FT.

Tony P
Good information. The economical barrel switching is one of the things that drew me to the Crown Continuum. Yes a few more dollars, but I now have .25 and .22 liners in 380mm and a .25 cal 700mm heavy slug liner to go with the stock Superior liner. From backyard starlings to rabbits and squirrels to prairie dogs and coyotes. I can cover them all with one rifle.

About ready to step up the game and treat myself, looking at Crown Mkii in .22. Would love to swing for the continuum kit but will likely end up with a 500mm Synthetic.
Question is, is there another option in:
- traditional rifle format (not a fan of action or airtube near my ear)
- less than 40” not including moderator
- adjustable, I have my avenger tuned to go 22 to 35fpe with hammer spring only and I use it
- sub 7lb
- needs to shoot pellets (I have tons of cphp and jsb 18s)
- as well as slugs (I also have tons of Nielson 17-23gr)
- budget is up to about $1500 on the upper end

What I have now:
Avenger .22
Flashpup .22
PP 750 .177
RWS D48 .22
(So you see this is a treat for me)

Aspirations long term include HFT, NRL22, possibly bench?
Not a hunter, I pest rats in urban (has to be quietish) backyard and paper punch 20-125 yd. When target shooting I usually use sticks and stool or a natural rest, sometimes prone if I’m feelin it.

I like the idea of the Crown for its versatility and the opportunity to try out some higher weight slugs for 100yd.

Thanks for reading. You all have been a wealth of knowledge over the years so interested in ideas if any seem to fit and maybe other input to consider.
I'm one of the guys that has the bullpup with a high power slug tune but everytime I pick up my dad's crown with a pellet tune It makes me want to buy one to it's such a joy to shoot and you never run out of air if i can't put 5 shots in a thumb size group at 100 yds than it's the wind or me that gun is so accurate

Well , my opinion about this gun is a bit different. I get my FX Crown 5-6 years ago , and since that day I've never been able to make it shoot consistenly . I get about 6 different barrels , .22 , 25 , 30 . Original barrel assembly , superlight assembly , 500mm and 600mm , STX or A liners , Huma reg , carbon fiber sleeve , barrel band.....never fixed the POI shifting problems . Can be very accurate for several shots then suddently the group moves up or down , left or right..
I don't know why but something doesn't match between me and this gun :sneaky:. It's really too bad because it's a very nice gun and , looking to others FX Crown shooters, it has a lot of potential in accuracy.
On the other hand I have a Wildcat .25 1st generation wich is a laser and my most trusted gun.

I did, it did not. Called and they explained there are some other forces at play that have made including DFL mods not possible at this point. I understand and have a Tanto that went right on.
The empty mod is not a Donny. It’s the original fx mod that I thought was still coming with them. Donny isn’t selling mods right now, so that part is understandable.

Reactions: orangeokie