• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning FX Crown cocking handle fell off

2BA29878-2871-4746-825B-7C086D8F2AA1.1647700244.jpeg

Has anyone had this happen? I was shooting at starlings the other day and the cocking handle came off in my hand. I looked around but couldn’t find any screw on the ground so I had to set the rifle aside. The FX schematic shows it’s an M3x16 screw which didn’t work in my case, as the 16mm length wasn’t long enough to engage the cocking arm. I picked up a couple M3x20 screws last night which was the longest I could find and that’s fixed it up but it really surprised me that it wasn’t loc-tited in place or something. I checked my Wildcat and the screw was locked in nice and tight, but I’ll be adding this to my list of things to check from now on. 

It definitely interrupted that session. I had just dropped a starling from our suet feeder and it’s pair had lighted on our light pole so by the time I got over the WTH with the handle in my right hand it had flown off. Then of course it was walking around the patio and three season room looking for the screw, so that session was pretty well shot, no pun intended. I was just really glad it fell off in my hand and not in my yard or back at our pond because then I’d be ordering a new handle.