• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Crown Caliber Change

Not hard at all!

Simply loosen the set screws on the block (2 on each side) and loosen the set screw on the top rail and the barrel slides out.

The probe is simple as well, just pull the cocking lever back and remove the retaining screw and the old probe comes right out and pop the new one in.

As far as setting that depends on what your settings are now but for .30 shooting 44 grain pellets 840-850 FPS is a solid starting point. I would set the regulator about 145 and see what kind of velocity you get. If that is a big jump from where your reg is now might need to remove the stock and tighten the hammer spring a bit so you can balance the higher reg pressure....

Velocity will also heavily depend on barrel length....700mm barrel will generate more power at lower settings than a 500mm etc.

Hope this helps and feel free to PM me with any questions!

Dr. Mike Long 

I have 2 Crowns, a Crown Continuum in .22 and a gen 1 in .25, that I move back and forth between .22 and .25 and between 380mm, 600mm and 700mm barrels. It is no problem at all. As Mike says above, loosen the two screws on each side of the front end of the breech block and remove the old barrel, replace the new one and then swap out the probe. I found that going between the .22 and .25 did not even require any change to the reg or hammer spring. Of course, going to .30 may be different, or you may simply choose (as I did) to make adjustments because you want more or different velocity/power levels in the new caliber. I found that setting up for the maximum that I wanted in the larger caliber worked fine with the smaller caliber since I just shoot it at a lower level on the Power Wheel. Even if you do want to change the settings every time it really is quite easy to do.

Chris