• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Fx crown bipod

9E97DC17-ADB6-491F-81FE-D6213AEF8C4D.1610211123.jpeg
7A4E4D3D-3CFD-4555-8D30-59A344E7E409.1610211124.jpeg
66AF8C69-6F8E-4470-BD5B-D6527B603A95.1610211126.jpeg
48F896C3-89E5-4456-8CE0-91A0AEEC95DF.1610211127.jpeg
 This how I mounted my short pic rail. I marked the screw hole on the inside using the grain/laminate lines to center it. Then drilled a small hole through the stock. Then outlined the #10-24 x5/16 tee nut on the inside and very carefully dremeled the inlay with a small round engraving bit and small conical grinding stone (dremel). when I had the circle deep enough for the shank go in the hole I enlarge the hole with drill bit to accommodate the shank. Then deepened the circle until the tee nut when hammered in would be below the top edge. Line up second hole and repeat. My Dreamline stock was thick enough to be strong enough. Hope this helps.

P.S. #10-24 3/4in machine screws are needed to mount the rail. Use the rail holes to mark your holes.

I used a 7 slot Picatinny rail I got on Amazon. No need to remove stock, but highly advisable to remove air bottle when drilling wood screw holes. I used 3/4 inch stainless steel #10 flathead screws. I had to shorten the front one by about an eighth inch, otherwise it would protrude through the wood. Laminate (fake) wood is pretty tough. Works great.

Unless you plan on attaching a sling, I personally see no need to go along stud, and just go with the more useful pic rail. That being said, the bottle clamp is great!! Never moved a bit and never seemed to be putting any undue pressure on the bottle. It helps getting the bipod much further out for better stability. I would carry my rifle by the bipod attached to the bottle. That pic in the post above does a great job showing how much further out you can get the bipod.

Even better, upgrade to the awesome Saber Tactical chassis!

I used the Saber Tactical version (bottle version, NOT tube) on my Red Wolf (basically same stock as Crown). I had no problems. There are probably a couple guys around here making versions. The guy here I was going to order from stopped making them, so I just ordered a Saber. Try a WTB in the classifieds.

Here is the Red Wolf with the Saber bottle clamp.

B988CBA6-F8EE-4890-B260-5877834FD94A.1610290231.jpeg

I know that bottle clamps are popular, and they place the bipod farther forward. But, guess I'm just old fashioned, I don't think the air bottle was designed to support the rifle, and I don't like attaching anything to it. T nuts are great if you have enough wood thickness, if not screws work okay. Although they have fallen out of fashion, a Harris bipod on a simple sling stud works just fine.