• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX FX Crown barrel experiences ??

Have a mk1 old crown. Was thinking of changing calibers and buying an updated kit. UNTIL I saw what the crown super lite system consisted of. Basically a liner stuffed into a transfer port covered by a shroud. Seriously? I guess it must work but quite honestly seems like a joke to me. I’m leaning toward just buying any other fx barrel kit and using my mk1 shroud. What have your experiences been like with the ultra light system ?

I have 6 superlight barrels and 3 of the older liner-in-steel-tube-with-orings barrels between my Dreamlines and Crown.

The superlight barrels shoot every bit as well as the older style. I’m with ya - when you look at the FX barrel system, you shake your head and say “how does it shoot so well”.

The Crown and Dreamline barrels are interchangeable - so you can use Dreamline barrels in your Crown - the Dreamline barrels just have a thinner shroud. My Dreamline and Crown magazines are also interchangeable across the 2 platforms.

So, if you want to try a superlight barrel in your Crown, perhaps you or a friend have a Dreamline superlight barrel that you can try in your Crown.

My experience is that it’s all about the liner and it doesn’t matter if metal tube or superlight.

-Ed

Reactions: Trucker3573
I have a video in the hunting section shooting starlings at 93 yards with my 600mm crown mk2 .25. I also have a video of hitting a spinner thats under 1" at that same distance getting 4 out of 5 hits. These are not cherry picked shots and edited its 5 fairly quick shots. It was pretty calm that day so I grabbed the crown to see how many hits in a row I could get. The one miss was a slight wind I didnt notice but it is what it is. I have to see if I kept the video. My starling video is still posted in hunting. I have never had an issue with accuracy and I have two crown mk2. They have been setup in every caliber but .20 of course with everything from 320mm .177 liner - 700mm .30 liners.

Picture of the spinner.
IMG_5985.jpeg