Fx crown and fx impact

The Impact is a bit more tunable and easier to tune as well. It is also more powerful like double that of the Crown and fills to 250bar so more shots per fill. You can get it in .35 cal.

The Crown only fills to 230 bar and is lowered powered although 75fpe is not all that bad. It does not come in .35.

Accuracy of both is excellent to say the least.

This info is all readily available on the FX site.

https://fxairguns.com/rifles/the-impact-m3/

https://fxairguns.com/rifles/the-crown/

For me the Crown shoots more accurately off the bench, especially when coupled with the new GRS stocks. Even with a Bag Rider on the Impact, I can still achieve significantly more steadiness with the Crown, in its more traditional long rifle format.

I also try to get a gun tuned for smoothness and accuracy with a specific projectile, and then leave it there. While the Crown is a little more difficult to achieve that initial optimal tune (have to remove the action from the stock for fine tuning the hammer spring pre-tension), once I get what I am looking for, I have found the Crowns to have an overall smoother shot cycle (mine are wood stocked, so the extra weight also helps there).

Once again for me, my favorite configuration of the Impact is the Compact model. So handy to carry around, plenty of power and accuracy, great shot count and plenty of practical accuracy for the ground squirrels I am dealing with. But on the bench I will take a similarly configured (same caliber, barrel length, etc) Crown any day of the week for the most precision.

No issues with any of the Crowns I own or have owned, save one gun I bought used from a big shop.

Got it, scoped it up, zeroed it as best I could, and it couldn't hold a group worth a darned even at only 25 yards. Chrono told the story - up to 70+ fps spread over 1 magazine.

I had been sold a gun with a faulty regulator. Happens more often with the older Crowns (before the Continuum's or the Mk2's). Sent it back and got a full refund. Could have put a Huma into it, but not for the money I had already paid for it as a working gun.

For me the Crown shoots more accurately off the bench, especially when coupled with the new GRS stocks. Even with a Bag Rider on the Impact, I can still achieve significantly more steadiness with the Crown, in its more traditional long rifle format.

I also try to get a gun tuned for smoothness and accuracy with a specific projectile, and then leave it there. While the Crown is a little more difficult to achieve that initial optimal tune (have to remove the action from the stock for fine tuning the hammer spring pre-tension), once I get what I am looking for, I have found the Crowns to have an overall smoother shot cycle (mine are wood stocked, so the extra weight also helps there).

Once again for me, my favorite configuration of the Impact is the Compact model. So handy to carry around, plenty of power and accuracy, great shot count and plenty of practical accuracy for the ground squirrels I am dealing with. But on the bench I will take a similarly configured (same caliber, barrel length, etc) Crown any day of the week for the most precision.

👆👆👆 the GRS crown is cat’s meow and bee’s knees but it certainly isn’t slightly cheaper than an impact. 

This would be my first pcp. I’m not new to nice weapons, I have a fair bit of experience in the br/fclass side with powder burners (I love to tinker and tune :) ) However, do you think that either of these two options are too complex for a beginner?

The Crown Continuum was my first “High End” PCP (but not my first PCP as I had a Marauder and a AirForce Condor SS before). However I still think I was very much a beginner and the Crown was perfect. It was six months before I tinkered with anything other than changing the power wheel. Definitely not too much for a beginner.

The Impact was my second high end PCP. It’s quite a bit more complex, but significant adjustments are much easier since everything can be adjusted without removing any parts or doing any disassembly. However it is possible to get quite lost when tuning the Impact, so be careful and take your time. This is not for a beginner in my opinion.

They are both equally accurate, but I find the Crown MUCH easier to shoot from the bench.

For a first gun, I would lean towards the Crown, but its hard to go wrong with either of these, especially if you don’t tinker too much with the Impact.

Chris

Most everything been covered except for the trigger. I’m lucky enough to own 3 Fx’s. Wildcat mk3 .22 compact, impact mk2 .25 700mm, Crown mk2 .25 600mm. Bought them in that order. Out of the box the trigger on the crown is better, mines at 12oz. My impact I’d call a field hunting trigger 2lb 8oz. Can it be adjusted yes, =you can look up the threads on that,, it’s my only complaint per say with the impact. So for me it’s easier to have better accuracy with the traditional stock and lighter trigger of the Crown. I shoot with two other guys one has the wildcat mk3 .22 and the crown mk2 .25 continuum the other just a crown mk2 .25 600mm synthetic. so we own three crowns between us and no ones putting an order in for a m3 impact anytime soon.

tunability goes Impact > Crown.
I recommend a synthetic Crown mk2 600mm in your cal. Add the Donny FL, add two extra mags be in the 1800 range, rifle begs for nice glass with that extra savings over the impact put it there. I’d guarantee that Gun put a big smile on your face. 

Red

Most everything been covered except for the trigger. I’m lucky enough to own 3 Fx’s. Wildcat mk3 .22 compact, impact mk2 .25 700mm, Crown mk2 .25 600mm. Bought them in that order. Out of the box the trigger on the crown is better, mines at 12oz. My impact I’d call a field hunting trigger 2lb 8oz. Can it be adjusted yes, =you can look up the threads on that,, it’s my only complaint per say with the impact. So for me it’s easier to have better accuracy with the traditional stock and lighter trigger of the Crown. I shoot with two other guys one has the wildcat mk3 .22 and the crown mk2 .25 continuum the other just a crown mk2 .25 600mm synthetic. so we own three crowns between us and no ones putting an order in for a m3 impact anytime soon.

tunability goes Impact > Crown.
I recommend a synthetic Crown mk2 600mm in your cal. Add the Donny FL, add two extra mags be in the 1800 range, rifle begs for nice glass with that extra savings over the impact put it there. I’d guarantee that Gun put a big smile on your face. 

Red

Red, I completely agree. Both of my current Crowns (MK 2s) as well as the two MK 1s that I had before and sold have better triggers than my Impact and also better than my Wildcat MK3 Sniper and Compact. Still my favorite rifle!

Chris

I'm impelled to comment on this subject, I've owned three Fx;s 2-crowns 1st gen and 1-1/2 gen. (pic rail mount and new style angled barrel set screws to help with POI changes and better support the 700mm barrel) 1-Impact MK11 

If I were to buy another Fx it would be a Impact Mk111, adjustability is far easier, point of impact change from shooting sessions is less from my experience, and quite honestly can be much more stable off the bench with a couple add ons, that I had to do to the crown anyway. 

Actually also wanted to comment on the Crown trigger on Mk11 It's Terrible! good friend just bought one from Utah airguns last Wk. trigger is no better probably worse the first Gen.!

I'm impelled to comment on this subject, I've owned three Fx;s 2-crowns 1st gen and 1-1/2 gen. (pic rail mount and new style angled barrel set screws to help with POI changes and better support the 700mm barrel) 1-Impact MK11 

If I were to buy another Fx it would be a Impact Mk111, adjustability is far easier, point of impact change from shooting sessions is less from my experience, and quite honestly can be much more stable off the bench with a couple add ons, that I had to do to the crown anyway. 

Actually also wanted to comment on the Crown trigger on Mk11 It's Terrible! good friend just bought one from Utah airguns last Wk. trigger is no better probably worse the first Gen.!

Interesting. Very different experience than mine, but of course, that’s the beauty of life. 

I agree that the Impact is easier to adjust, but if you don’t adjust often that’s less important. Off the bench I really see the Crown as much better. I had to add a bag rider to my Impact to have any hope of stability with a rear bag, not so with the Crown. I really didn’t see much, if any, POI shift from my Crowns. However the 700mm barrel does look real long sticking out there, so when I had a heavy moderator on it I added a barrel band from Ohio Airguns to it. Nothing was going to move then. I have since gone to a much smaller 0dB moderator s no longer use the barrel band. Still not seeing any POI shift.

I have had two Gen 1 Crowns, one a 1.5 as you call it Crown Continuum and one a Gen 1. Both triggers were excellent. I now have two MK 2 Crowns and both have triggers that are excellent but frankly no different from my MK 1 triggers. I also have not heard anyone complain about MK 2 triggers, so I suspect that your friend may have simply gotten one that wasn’t adjusted by Utah Air when they sent it out. (By the way, nothing against Utah Air. That’s where I got my first Crown, the Continuum, from and was very happy with them).

Chris