FX Crown - air leaking through barrel - how to fix?

Hi,

I'm in need of some help!!

I had a leaking regulator on my FX Crown and re-built it following Ernest Rowe's video. I re-installed the regulator and when I put the tank back on it seemed fine. However, when I began to increase the regulator pressure, air began leaking out the barrel. I removed the regulator and checked everything and re-installed it. Same thing - with the regulator turned off , there was no air leak. As I attempted to increase the regulator pressure, air began to leak through the barrel. I've checked the "how to" videos and posts but can't find any info on the specific problem.

Does anyone know what needs to be done to fix this problem?

Thank you for your help, Jon

From the sound of things the valve may have stayed open after de-gassing.

One practical suggestion from the past is to:

WITH GUN MAINTAINED POINTED IN A SAFE DIRECTION-

Load 2 pellets (double load)

Then WITH GUN STILL POINTED IN A SAFE DIRECTION begin to open the regulator. The back pressure of 2 pellets blocking the barrel may allow the valve to close. Then shoot them out and the gun may function properly after that.

ALWAYS BE AWARE THAT THE PELLETS MAY BE 'FIRED' FROM THE BARREL AS YOU INCREASE THE REGULATOR PRESSURE, IF THE VALVE DOES NOT CLOSE!

Well, this was not my day. I tried the two pellet suggestion and the gun fired. I tried it three times with the same result. Then I tried cocking it before I degassed. Again, when I installed the tank and opened the regulator, the gun fired. I did it a second time and watched to see if the hammer hit the valve stem. It did not. I guess my next move is to remove the valve unless someone has another option. Is there a "how to rebuild your Crown valve" video? I can't find one. Also, can anyone think of what else I could try?

I'm relatively new to airgunning so any and all help is appreciated. Thank you to those above that offered suggestions.

Jon

Hi everyone! I'm about to order a valve pin for my FX Crown Gen 1 and there are two different ones, Valve Pin Crown SHP vs. Valve Pin Crown Ø6,8. my serial Number starts with 17. What is the difference between the two and what does SHP stand for?
Thank you for your help.

Hi Venon,

SHP stands for "Super High Power", which means not 12 FPE. Your rifle is from 2017, so you will need 19929 "Valve Pin Crown SHP”. The other one is larger for the Crown MK2. It is not backwards compatible.

Regards,
FX Airguns USA

Reactions: qball
Hi Venon,

SHP stands for "Super High Power", which means not 12 FPE. Your rifle is from 2017, so you will need 19929 "Valve Pin Crown SHP”. The other one is larger for the Crown MK2. It is not backwards compatible.

Regards,
FX Airguns USA
Thank you very much for your answer. For the valve seat would "Valve seat CPL 19217" be the correct one? What does CPL Stand for? And are the O-rings on the valve pin NBR 90? Thank you again.

Last edited: