• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Fx crown accuracy

Hi guys, first time posting on here. So I recently got an Fx crown from Utah Airguns. I got the synthetic .25 and had them hydro dip the stock. It looks fantastic. But I’m having a little trouble getting it to shoot the way I’ve seen these rifles shoot. 

I’ve cleaned the barrel to the point where patches come out perfectly white. The regulator is just a hair under 140 Bar according to the gauge. I’ve tried Max, 5, and 4 on the power wheel and my groups really aren’t under an inch at 50 yards. I keep getting random fliers too. It could be a bad pellet here and there but I look them over before loading and they usually look ok. I’m a pretty good shooter. I have centerfire rifles and have shot since I was a kid (21 years old now). 

The gun definitely shoots better than any airgun I’ve shot in the past, but doesn’t do as well as I’ve seen an Fx crown shoot. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hey welcome to the forum and to PCP's. Nick just shoot it for a tin or two. Let it settle and the reg in, and get used to it then you can accurately determine what you want to do. You may feel a bit let down until it breaks in, then? I SWEAR it will literally make you laugh out loud at some of the shots you make. I have had mine just over a year and was bouncing plastic golf balls at 100 yards this weekend LMAO!!

Your gonna love this, buckle up this ride ain't cheap!!!!

Dennis

Hey welcome to the forum and to PCP's. Nick just shoot it for a tin or two. Let it settle and the reg in, and get used to it then you can accurately determine what you want to do. You may feel a bit let down until it breaks in, then? I SWEAR it will literally make you laugh out loud at some of the shots you make. I have had mine just over a year and was bouncing plastic golf balls at 100 yards this weekend LMAO!!

Your gonna love this, buckle up this ride ain't cheap!!!!

Dennis

Thanks for the positive input! I’m going to play around with the regulator a little bit and see if that helps any. I have one tin of pellets through it so far. Just opened the second tin tonight after cleaning the barrel. They gun is a dream to shoot, just hope the groups shrink some

Nick, 

the most important thing is tuning the gun. Mine shot ok at 140. Better at 150. It shoots lights out at 155 and 160. It might just want a little more pressure. It also might take a little time to settle in but mine shot one hole out of the box. Also mine likes a dirty barrel. Shots 50-150 are money. Too clean or too dirty and it opens up

mine also came assembled rediculously tight. I suggest taking the shoud off. loosening the liner nut, and then going hand tight with it. If you arent sure what i mean watch the review by aaec on it. He shows the aliner assembly very clearly

Nick, 

the most important thing is tuning the gun. Mine shot ok at 140. Better at 150. It shoots lights out at 155 and 160. It might just want a little more pressure. It also might take a little time to settle in but mine shot one hole out of the box. Also mine likes a dirty barrel. Shots 50-150 are money. Too clean or too dirty and it opens up

mine also came assembled rediculously tight. I suggest taking the shoud off. loosening the liner nut, and then going hand tight with it. If you arent sure what i mean watch the review by aaec on it. He shows the aliner assembly very clearly

That’s a good idea! I’ll try loosening the liner nut and see if that helps any. I’ve watched Steve’s video countless times lol. I hope to get the accuracy he got out of his crown! I’ll try playing with the regulator next chance I get. 

My gun shot best with:

25 grain jsb @ 890

34 mk2 and orignal heavies @ 860

36 grain slugs (in slug liner) at 840

so far this has held up across my crown, two impacts, and an mk2 wildcat. If you get ur gun shooting at these velocities and the hammer isnt hitting too hard i think you will be happy.

Edited to add: Im at 430 feet above sea level

1556592043_14537732505cc7b5abcccd01.92681254_4F68FE88-5A31-428B-BD2E-B3121C92C54F.jpeg
Mine is best straight after cleaning. Also I polish all my liners and they all improved after. I shoot the 25g a little slower at around 870fps 

This is my best 5 shot group at 100y but if it’s calm and I have good pellets it usually around 1 inch. I tune as per Ted which specially for the 25g so a bit lower on the reg pressure also at just over 130b

Welcome to the forum!

As mentioned,I would just shoot it for a while before getting too wrapped up in turning dials and such. Take your time and enjoy the ride!

Do your research and don't get flustered with things...It's All gonna come together with practice! That Crown is an Excellent rifle and it will outshoot damn near Anyone pulling the trigger!

Have Fun,thats what it all boils down to. Congrats on that Bad-Ass rifle and glad your here!

Mike