FX Crown .25 W/Huma Regulator

After installing the Huma I ended up adjusting to 140 bar, took a few hundred rounds to settle in meaning regulator did creep a little but the more I shot the creep totally disappeared. Was simple to install, just pay attention when stacking belville washers keeping them in correct order. Another point to mention is the recovery time is much faster with the Huma than the stock FX regulator. How do I know regulator has no more creep ? After gun sits for over a week the first shot is dead on @ 50 yards with no POI change and the velocity is the same as the rest of the string.

Farrah, you want a .25 that’ll shoot lights out, powerful, great trigger and hundreds and hundreds less than an Impact look at a Taipan Veteran Long. Just as accurate, just as powerful, better trigger, more reliable, and over $500 cheaper. Enough left over for a nice scope and lots of pellets. ;). I know, it’s not a bottle gun, but still gets lots of shots per fill. And much easier to work on and maintain..

my next gun exactly!! plus I only live a hour from Charlie fears. and if I feel like it I may have put a Huma in it. there not expensive really.

Man, I didn't know Charlie Freer sold Taipan... They weren't listed on his web site last time I looked. As far as the Huma for the Taipan, I'd hold off on that until you shoot it for a few tins. IMHO the Taipan, Cricket and Vulcan regs are every bit as good at the Huma regs. In fact, I may get red balled here, but I think the Cricket regs are better than the Huma regs...

Centercut.,

I'm inclined to agree with you. The Cricket reg is excellent.

I shot a string yesterday with my Cricket .25 and ES was 5 and SD was 1 and that's after it sat a week. I did tear my Cricket down last year and polished all of the regulator components. To be fair I did the same with my Impact .25. It still has the original Gen 1 regulator in it. I tore it down, polished the replacement piston, and the washers.

Now, it doesn't creep at all and is set at 145 bar. I shot a quick string on it as well and ES was 9 and SD was 3.