• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Crown .25 or .30 decision?

I’m starting with the 25 the parts needed to switch calibers won’t be available for around 4 months 25 is better for the shooting I do that’s why I started there. If your hunting where the 30 would make a difference maybe start there. If you just placing your order now your going to be waiting until 2018 unless you know someone in AZ. By the time it comes the caliber changing parts should be available also

The barrel lengths aren't the same. .25cal is 600mm
.30 cal is 700mm
I have a .25 ordered and am thinking of changing to .30cal to have the 700mm barrel. Then get a 700mm .25cal liner ect. 
I don't know that the twist rate that comes with the .25 is optimal for the King Heavies so if I got it I'd be just hanging out for a different liner anyway. 
I like the idea of having the .30 to start with. 

"terrymc"Which is a shame as I received my .30 last night.
They shipped same day I ordered and I got it 2 business days later.

My justification is that 30 cal should be better for 75 and 100 yard.
My .22 Air Arms Ultimate Sporter is perfect for everything shorter.

Haven't had time to shoot yet, but she has a lot of drool on her.
You have it and haven't shot it yet?! Wait better question you have it and your wife still let you live?! LOL

I believe everything between all the Crowns are the EXACT same except the barrels. The owner if wanted to switch calibers will then need to make adjustments like hammer spring and reg pressure to get it shooting correctly. For best results on regulated guns you want the TP opened up the largest it can go always and you tune via reg pressure.

"Dairyboy"
"terrymc"Which is a shame as I received my .30 last night.
They shipped same day I ordered and I got it 2 business days later.

My justification is that 30 cal should be better for 75 and 100 yard.
My .22 Air Arms Ultimate Sporter is perfect for everything shorter.

Haven't had time to shoot yet, but she has a lot of drool on her.
You have it and haven't shot it yet?! Wait better question you have it and your wife still let you live?! LOL

Hi dairyboy,
Yeah I went a whole day without shooting it.
Finally got to shoot it last night and it is amazing!

The wife well......
Lets just say it helped that one FX left the house last night a day after the new one came in.

"AirSupply"
"Hynzie"i do believe Utah AIR have a couple 30 cal walnuts tuned and ready to be bought ....when i talked to Juatin the owner on monday,, he had 4 left,,,he explained to me most people are waiting for the 25 cal good luck
Hi Hynzie. I live in Australia or I'd grab one. 
This is the only video Iv seen of one being shot. 

I live in Australia as well,but i notice http://www.sportingguns.com.au/13-fx-air-rifles-  in Victoria sell them. I dont know if you can order specific calibres and stock variations.