FX crown .22

I have a problem with my new rifle crown , I bought it around a year ago and can't use it until a few days ago I bought a A FX chronograph and when I record the speed of the Pallet it couldn't give me more than 675 fps in 18 gran JSB with 140 bar for the chamber ,,,,

so where is my problem ?

regulator !

lack in some where O rings !

or what ?

I try to increase the humor tension by using the 1.5 Alan-key and try 12 shots as :

1591478120_16585356425edc0768b3e078.37889293.jpg

Hi Solomon, 

we are sorry to hear your having difficulties if you want some help our technicians are available during the week for you to speak with. You can email them at [email protected] or call in @ 866 639 0772. If you email in give a name and number and a brief description of your issue and a technician will reach out as soon as possible. 

Regards,

FX Airguns Customer Service Support

hi Yo,

the Rifle pressure is almost 240 -230

and the speed as the 15 shots in the pic every shot with 1/2 turn on the hammer spring adjustable ,,

so if it mixed out what you suggest >

------------------------

FX USA ,

thanks for replay ,, I already send an Email yesterday with my issue to the support ,, :)

I will send another one to [email protected] with the same subject my email is sam5555@hotmail

Turn the transfer port wheel to .25-30 cal. for more air flow for starters. Did you increase the hammer spring tension with the 1.5mm allen key? To adjust, keep turning the hammer spring pre-load until the power wheel will barely turn and then back it off a little. With that set properly you shouldn't need your reg. at 140 either. Once the hammer spring is maxed out and the port opened to .25-30 cal. you should get way more velocity, you can then back off the regulator and hammer spring and tune your gun for accuracy. Give it a try.

Stoti

Hi Mr.Stoti , I already do that - " keep turning the hammer spring pre-load until the power wheel will barely turn " I start with it but I keep the transfer port wheel to .177-22 cal and I didn't play with the reg. at 140 .

I only move it once on the shot No.8 and I realize it only give me about 24 fps ( from 649 to 673 fps) , but the problem I am at (247 fps) out of speed because the FX say that at 16 gran on .22 barrel it should give me around 920 fps .

I do the same steps as :: Meathead Marksman as "FX Crown Harmonic Tuning Guide" on you tube ::

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxrDZmB5egU

,,, so your suggestion is to re start all the process with transfer port wheel to .25-30 cal ,

without changing or decreasing the reg. from 140 to 130 for example 

thanks for help and waiting for your replay 

130 bar is about the sweet spot... BUT you shouldnt really be losing much of anything at 140 bar.... How fast does the gun sound/feel/look like it's shooting? Do you have other guns to confirm the chrony is reading accurately?

I cant help but think your regulator is either set much higher or much lower than its reading? Regardless of hammer spring tension, with the transfer port open, you should be getting some pretty decent fps. Higher than you are seeing.

lenweber2

No I can't try another crony :( ,, and thank you for your advice .

Long_Gun_Dalla

yes I read about that 130 -135 bar ,,Yes I have Gamo Black Shadow (.177) and I try it with the crony it give me 770 fps with 7.56 gr :( 

I don't know if it is the correct speed because I found variable numbers from 720 to 1266 fps on the internet 

----- 

so I take off the air bottle and tack some shots to empty the air inside the gun and the reg .. and follow the procedure to set it to 120 bar,

The strange thing ,, after I tack off the bottle the reg Pressure is go to ( 0 ) !!! but I tack some shots just to be shore there is no air in side the Gun.

then I tacke some shots as follow at the same Humor sittings before ,, just play with the humor wheel :::

1591661452_14116016135eded38ce70e00.27425790.jpg

So where is the problem ? 

I still think it is on the Reg !

I don't know how to be shore ,,,,,,

lenweber2

No I can't try another crony :( ,, and thank you for your advice .

Long_Gun_Dalla

yes I read about that 130 -135 bar ,,Yes I have Gamo Black Shadow (.177) and I try it with the crony it give me 770 fps with 7.56 gr :( 

I don't know if it is the correct speed because I found variable numbers from 720 to 1266 fps on the internet 

----- 

so I take off the air bottle and tack some shots to empty the air inside the gun and the reg .. and follow the procedure to set it to 120 bar,

The strange thing ,, after I tack off the bottle the reg Pressure is go to ( 0 ) !!! but I tack some shots just to be shore there is no air in side the Gun.

then I tacke some shots as follow at the same Humor sittings before ,, just play with the humor wheel :::

1591661452_14116016135eded38ce70e00.27425790.jpg

So where is the problem ? 

I still think it is on the Reg !

I don't know how to be shore ,,,,,,

You're CHRONYs PROBABLY FAULTY you shoot 7.56gr pellets from a GAMO BLACK SHADOW at 770FPS which was ALSO TESTED by PYRAMID AIR REVIEW shooting 7.5gr-7.9gr 913fps-949fps. THERES YOUR PROBLEM!!! Yo!

Long_Gun_Dalla

yes that what I am try to say ,, It's ok to get 680 fps in low speed , But in a MAX with max hammer spring .... !! no way ,,, 

I think :: the reg is damaged ,, because I see that the reg Pressure is move to 130 bar after about 16 hours no use ,, is it ok ? 

or ,, there is some Leake some where after fire I mean internal Leake ,,,,

---------------

Yo ,

I take my CHRONY to the shop today and he try it with another gun (cricket) and it give 860 fps 

about my Gun GAMO BLACK SHADOW it is old one and I think it called the DX version and I don't know if the speed is right, if you can give my the link of the review to compare it with my gun , it will be help full 

I don't know Yo ,, I am thankful for your help and keeping step by my topic , but do you think I need to try another CHRONY ..

I cant imagine the regulator having such a drastic effect that hammer strike is basically moot.... I would pull the valve out and inspect it. (Its not hard to remove) Also pull the transfer port wheel out (just in case you somehow managed to not get a pal (full power) port wheel. Lastly, pull the hammer, and check the tube it rides in. Maybe there's something in there stopping the hammer short? Clean if necessary.... Inspect the barrel port and probe. If you dont find a problem, it would be safe to assume it is the regulator. But I feel the only way that would be the culprit is if you were somehow running a muuuch lower pressure than your gauge indicates.... You could try swapping the bottle pressure and reg pressure gauges.... see if they read much differently?

I had some erratic FPS with mine that was resulting from debris where the hammer rides. I added the tiniest bit of moly paste and fp-10 to smooth it's action. Though some people will recommend not lubing the hammer at all. Running it dry after cleaning it out, still was causing some erratic velocities.

If you suspect a leak, try shooting it with a moderator if you have one. Any leak should be plainly audible.... Also still curious to know in regards to the chrony... Does the gun feel or sound like it is shooting that slow? I can tell pretty easily by looking or listening to my targets, about how fast the gun is shooting (I shoot a LOT of 22)

Hi ,, Every one ,,,,

first of all I like to Thank every one try to say any thing ,, just to help .

Second I just get my gun from the shop I bought it from and it give me now 920 fps on 18 gran 

How ,,?? , as the picture ::

1591930847_13903825755ee2efdfa9dc32.18632168.png

but because I make many shots without removing that screw it BEND inside the hole , so he try to take it out as he can but he almost remove like 3/4 of it and it stuck , so he cut it and smooth the service and paint it ...

dos it satisfying , No ,,,

dos it works YES , but ,, when you put the magazine it need a push to get the needle thru .

I bought a new streamline that had a screw right there too. It was only shooting around 600 fps also. I removed it after a few shots because I could see through the hole on the side that it was hitting the hex screw. What is the purpose of that screw anyway? I remember someone saying it was how they restricted power for some markets but surely bashing the hammer against a threaded screw wasn't what they came up with at the factory, was it? Glad you found the problem.