• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Crown .22 stock performance with FX Hybrid Slugs 22 grains

I got a first Generation Crown, before the AMP Reg & Continuum model. I've had good success with the Hybrid Slugs after some trial and error... I've found they shoot better out of the Pellet Liner than the Slug Liner" I've found you have to keep the Pellet Liner Clean" real clean as in every ten to a dozen magazines or it seems accuracy falls off. Don't bump the barrel or shroud either it seems that throws accuracy off too. I've tried a barrel band to little if any improvement. I got my Reg set to 130 bar, HS max, & TP 25/30 cal. this gets me a average of 886 FPS with a efficient ES & SD. (can't remember what the exact numbers were) I have to say the Hybrid Slugs are the best ammo I've tried" They hold true thru the wind better than 18.1 jsb, less hold over too I found, & they hit hard! They may improve/benefit with more Reg pressure like the 25grn RD Jsb did when I tried them but I don't tinker to much with my rifle, again it's stock no changes. I've found good performance without having to have these screaming at 930+ from forty to eighty yards you can't beat them! 

My Crown came set up for & had a 25cal 600mm barrel, after some trial and error I found the 22cal 600mm was best for me in the limited area I have to shoot. The Reg was set at 130 when I got it, I felt it was a bit under powered for 25cal, I could only achieve about 880FPS or so max out with the 25.3 gr jsb Kings. They shot well" but do to noise and such the 22 stuff is way quieter" 18.1 jsb shot really well with the Reg at 130, HS on 4 or 5, TP 177/22, if max out 18gr were 920-940FPS way to hot for me & accuracy suffered a little... I tried the 21gr H&N Match and the jsb 18 shot better so I've stuck with them, tried the RD Monsters 25.3gr they shot well at 850FPS but could handle more power, but when I turned up the Reg to 140 I got reg creep which I hadn't had at 130bar and from what I've read the hammer needs to hit harder! Which I don't know how to do, or don't have confidence to do... Then along came the Hybrids and It's shoots better now than ever and I've mortified nothing! The Continuum, the AMP Reg, and the new way they mounted the barrel make that model a better platform, but ya got to get the most out of what you got! (just ordered the new liner, see if that improves things) It just keeps getting better!

Don't think so, I'm total maxed out TP@25/30 and HS@Max and I average 886FPS last time I chronied. To get to where you want to go I think you will need 140bar or 150 on the Reg and the hammer to hit the valve harder than it does at Max... My Crown has a 175xxx serial number, I got it from AOA, I think it was the 3rd or 4th batch of rifles sent from FX, I waited 6months after placing the order till delivery. At these settings if shoots efficiently but not super charged like a Impact or something" so check your serial number to see where your rifle falls in the scale. Another tip is don't overfill your rifle with this first generation Regulator 200bar is plenty good for 3 magazines, filling to 250bar the first two mags shoots wildly for some reason? (like the reg is over powered by that much pressure) many guys switch out for a HUMA but in the instructions the regulator for these early models say there's not much improvement if the reg is working properly, maybe a little faster refill. If your dealing with the first generation crown don't compare it to a Impact or even a Dreamline for that matter, It's plenty capable in it's own right''

cool you got the AMP Reg & 600mm, your set then" mine I'm told won't fit the AMP or I would have upgraded long ago! There's a lot out there on maxing out the HS and according to FX it doesn't hurt anything" (I've talked to the techs) I'm thinking on sending mine to UA for them to do it (Right) I've watched the Ernest Rowe master class stuff and I just prefer to leave it alone. Your HS & Hammer may be beefier anyway and can strike the valve at 140-150bar and get the speed you want! I think they learned this after the first rifles were sent out and made upgrades as a result. Taking the bottle off and shooting the rifle to empty the reg doesn't take that much time" my problem became the Reg wouldn't stay at 140bar it would show just above or below every other shot" 150bar didn't produce any more raw speed; just waisted air! (you could hear it was out of sync, not that tight sound you get when it's shooting well) I haven't tried any other slugs in my rifle, I don't want 20 different types sitting on the shelf like all the different pellets I got" I'm a point and shoot type of guy & think after the covid is over and the bills caught up I'm getting a Daystate (lol)

lool thanks for all the info man, really appreciate that i should be getting the gun in two weeks, ill do my best to update you and all others we want to know what i did and couldnt get any info so ill let them know what its like factory, if need be ill increase hammer but im hoping to not have to and get 41 fpe steady. lol i had a Renegade i liked it but didnt love it, had no adjustability and that pained me so i sold it and got the crown.