Fx Crown .22 shot string

Good day, everyone. I just ordered an FX Crown in .22. I know their barrels were made around the JSB pellets so I decided to buy the 25 grain and the 18.13 grain. My question is has anyone on here tested theirs with the 25 grain? Do you leave the transfer port opening on .177/.22 when using the heavier 25 grains or do you shift the port opening to .25? Would be great to know as I just want to squeeze out the best accuracy I can from this already perfect air rifle.

1588627325_14976485275eb0877d5ebcb9.36794150.jpg

So my .22 Crown doesn't like the 25 grain redesigned monsters with the factory A-liner, although it is excellent with the 18.13s. My understanding is that FX designed the pellet B-liner to function with those heavier pellets. Then the slug liners came along, and everyone said the RD monsters shot GREAT out of the slug liners. Now the B-liners seem hard to find. So perhaps the company line is that, if you want to shoot those, buy a slug liner? FX is watching this forum quite closely, so perhaps an official answer will be forthcoming. In the meantime, I hope my answer is helpful, albeit both incomplete and based in part on second hand information. 

Brad980,

I have a .22 Crown Continuum with 380mm, 700mm pellet A liner, and 700 slug sliner and I can't get the Monster redesigns(or any jsbs heavier than 18.13g) to stay on a 12"× 12" target at 100yds in any of those barrels. I have tried a lot of combination of regulator pressures, valve settings, and power wheel adjustments(650 to 980 fps), but nothing will group at all past 50yds. It's like the 1st monsters- all over the place. 

Steve from AEAC had good luck with them at 875fps using the 700mm slug liner in his Crown Continuum test tho.

That being said, I have heard that there are actually at least 3 different "versions" of the .22 JSB Monster redesigns. Maybe someone else knows more about this?

Brad980,

If you haven't already seen it, Steve at AEAC has a great Crown tuning video on his AEAC Vlog youtube channel. Also, I have 2 posts "FX Crown 100yd indoor accuracy" of 5 shot target groups at the most consistently accurate and flexible set up(valve setting, power wheel setting, reg pressure) for me, over in the the BENCHREST section if you want to take a look/compare.