FX Crown 22 cal pushing 40gr slugs?

Is this possible without destroying the Crown?
I was playing with Strelok when I put in the 40gr javelin slugs in to the calculator. Running the 40gr Javelins look like a worthy project but i don't want to destroy everything that makes the Crown a great gun.

Ideas?

Kind of, it’s called order the Panthera.

The most I can get out of my crown with slug power kit and 600mm barrel in 22 is shooting 35 grain NSA at 870fps. 40 grain or 38 grain is significantly more difficult to push. PLUS the 38/40 grain slugs need 1:14 twist rate vs 1:16 in superior heavy. 35 grain NSA is the heaviest I would go in a crown, it’s the upper limits but the crown with power slug kit does do very well with the 35 grain NSA. You might get to 900 fps with the 35 grain with the 700mm.

Speed isn’t everything! My 35 grain slugs shot at 850 fps has less drop and wind drift than the 27.5 grain slugs shot at 950 fps at 200-300 yards. Unless it’s very calm/consistent wind the 27.5 grain is quite challenging to stay on target at 300 yards.

Kind of, it’s called order the Panthera.

The most I can get out of my crown with slug power kit and 600mm barrel in 22 is shooting 35 grain NSA at 870fps. 40 grain or 38 grain is significantly more difficult to push. PLUS the 38/40 grain slugs need 1:14 twist rate vs 1:16 in superior heavy. 35 grain NSA is the heaviest I would go in a crown, it’s the upper limits but the crown with power slug kit does do very well with the 35 grain NSA. You might get to 900 fps with the 35 grain with the 700mm.

Speed isn’t everything! My 35 grain slugs shot at 850 fps has less drop and wind drift than the 27.5 grain slugs shot at 950 fps at 200-300 yards. Unless it’s very calm/consistent wind the 27.5 grain is quite challenging to stay on target at 300 yards.
Panthera - Like buying a new model car or new anything I like to watch others figure out most of the problems before I purchase. I trust FX's design team... Its gonna have teething problems.

Thank you.
Did you change the Regulator or change the Hammer spring.

I have a 700mm barrel that I am changing to either the 1:14 heavy liner or 1:16 superior liner. Do you recommend one liner over the other?

The internet is full of Information about the Impact / Maverick how to guides on slug settings, it seems like there is very little talk about the Crown.

Panthera - Like buying a new model car or new anything I like to watch others figure out most of the problems before I purchase. I trust FX's design team... Its gonna have teething problems.

Thank you.
Did you change the Regulator or change the Hammer spring.

I have a 700mm barrel that I am changing to either the 1:14 heavy liner or 1:16 superior liner. Do you recommend one liner over the other?

The internet is full of Information about the Impact / Maverick how to guides on slug settings, it seems like there is very little talk about the Crown.

There is no doubt Pathera will have some teething problems with all new valve and barrel systems but to have the power to shoot 40 grain .22 slugs current Crown won't be up to the task.

My slug Crown has all factory parts, I did upgrade to the brass piston from FX and FX power slug kit. The power slug kit has heavier hammer but not heavier springs, heavier hammer AND spring might just break or at least shorten the live of the valve pin.

For slug only I would get as fast of twist rate as possible because I want to shoot heaviest slugs possible. BUT I don't know if 1:14 TR is available as an option yet. Interestingly even the 700mm .22 Panthera only has the 1:16 TR which is another reason I'll be shooting the 35 grain instead of the 38 grain slugs for now.

Impact and Maverick by design has MUCH more power with MUCH bigger plenum even if the valve are the same. However I'm pushing my Crown to shoot .22 35 grain NSA slugs at 52 FPE which is NOT low power by any means, don't know too many guns that can do that with a small plenum and 600mm barrel.

Reactions: Jlowe and Mcleod
There is no doubt Pathera will have some teething problems with all new valve and barrel systems but to have the power to shoot 40 grain .22 slugs current Crown won't be up to the task.

My slug Crown has all factory parts, I did upgrade to the brass piston from FX and FX power slug kit. The power slug kit has heavier hammer but not heavier springs, heavier hammer AND spring might just break or at least shorten the live of the valve pin.

For slug only I would get as fast of twist rate as possible because I want to shoot heaviest slugs possible. BUT I don't know if 1:14 TR is available as an option yet. Interestingly even the 700mm .22 Panthera only has the 1:16 TR which is another reason I'll be shooting the 35 grain instead of the 38 grain slugs for now.

Impact and Maverick by design has MUCH more power with MUCH bigger plenum even if the valve are the same. However I'm pushing my Crown to shoot .22 35 grain NSA slugs at 52 FPE which is NOT low power by any means, don't know too many guns that can do that with a small plenum and 600mm barrel.
How high can you push the reg with the brass piston compared to the stock delrin piston?

How high can you push the reg with the brass piston compared to the stock delrin piston?

Technically as high as 180 bars, I have mine at a mild 160 bars. Thought about going higher than the Panthera was announced, also slightly worried about valve pin durability when going above factory limit. I do like how quiet and mild my Crown is shooting even at the current power level.

Reactions: Mcleod and Jlowe
One plenum idea

Reactions: Glem.Chally
One plenum idea

Looks much better there than the style below. But the one that hangs down can be bigger and you don't have to do the permanent mods to the block.

The one I linked uses the existing hole in the block that is capped with a blanking plug. You do have to mod the stock for it .

The vertical plenum underneath the block would be the easier option though, and may look super cool on a chassis rifle. Short and fat for the win.
Ah I didn't realize that about the one you linked. Either would be good, you gonna do it?