• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Crown 2 tunable ?

There is not the same market for “after market” parts for the Crown as there is for the Impact. I can tell you though that the Crown MK2 is a fantastic rifle as is. I have an Impact MK2 that I had first but I use my Crown a lot more. The Impact definitely has the ability to make more power if that is important to you. The Crown MK2 though makes plenty of power for my needs and is plenty of rifle for shooting slugs out to 200 yards and probably more if needed. I’ve tuned my MK2 Crown to shoot NSA 24.8 grain slugs to 945fps and it is an awesome combination for hunting and target shooting at longer range. It is only running a reg setting of 138/139 BAR so there is room to go higher if you need to. I’m using a 600mm barrel. I do believe that you can order a heavier hammer if you really wanted to push the reg setting farther. I’ve never really wanted to run the rifle to the ragged edge of performance though. It is such a smooth quiet shooter where I have it and I like that.
Kenny

There is not the same market for “after market” parts for the Crown as there is for the Impact. I can tell you though that the Crown MK2 is a fantastic rifle as is. I have an Impact MK2 that I had first but I use my Crown a lot more. The Impact definitely has the ability to make more power if that is important to you. The Crown MK2 though makes plenty of power for my needs and is plenty of rifle for shooting slugs out to 200 yards and probably more if needed. I’ve tuned my MK2 Crown to shoot NSA 24.8 grain slugs to 945fps and it is an awesome combination for hunting and target shooting at longer range. It is only running a reg setting of 138/139 BAR so there is room to go higher if you need to. I’m using a 600mm barrel. I do believe that you can order a heavier hammer if you really wanted to push the reg setting farther. I’ve never really wanted to run the rifle to the ragged edge of performance though. It is such a smooth quiet shooter where I have it and I like that.
Kenny

Thanks. Good info.

I think Gehard from SA gets his Crown 2 to do 32 ft/ibs with 20grain H&N .177slugs that would be enough for me too.
I like the Crown a little more for the fact I can get the scope closer to the barrel like a normal huntingrifle. I don`t like a scope mounted as high as done on many bullpups.

Love the crown! Both the wife and I compete with a 25 cal crown and my favorite hunting rifle is my 380mm 22 crown shooting the 21 grain H&N slugs right at 880 FPS. Plenty of power, shot count, and a very quiet shooter. I also have a MKII 30 cal impact that I competed and hunted with, but when I shot the wife’s crown I fell in love and bought 2 for me. The impact is my backup now for both competing and hunting. If I was going after something coyote sized I would grab the impact.

‘’Tony P

I upgraded the MK2 Crown with the Huma Air hammer and spring, a lot of carbon fiber, better grip, Saber Crown Cassie, custom made butt stock setup and now a 600mm barrel that puts out a 33.95 pellet at 974 fps
I love that the Crown is more set and forget over the Impact that has so much more adjustability
(Older picture before many of the upgrades )
Screen Shot 2022-06-26 at 1.00.25 AM.jpg

Thanks. Good info.

I think Gehard from SA gets his Crown 2 to do 32 ft/ibs with 20grain H&N .177slugs that would be enough for me too.
I like the Crown a little more for the fact I can get the scope closer to the barrel like a normal huntingrifle. I don`t like a scope mounted as high as done on many bullpups.
Yeah, I like watching him shoot those .177 slugs. I’m very tempted to buy a .177 barrel for my Crown just to play with those lighter slugs and still have a relatively high ballistic coefficient.
Kenny

Reactions: rigbymauser
Love the crown! Both the wife and I compete with a 25 cal crown and my favorite hunting rifle is my 380mm 22 crown shooting the 21 grain H&N slugs right at 880 FPS. Plenty of power, shot count, and a very quiet shooter. I also have a MKII 30 cal impact that I competed and hunted with, but when I shot the wife’s crown I fell in love and bought 2 for me. The impact is my backup now for both competing and hunting. If I was going after something coyote sized I would grab the impact.

‘’Tony P
Hi,Are you using superior liner? Sounds good

I don’t have an MKII, but I have an MKI in .22 cal. The 600 mm barrel shoots pellets and slugs very well. Recently purchased a 380mm barrel and have it tuned for pellets (for target and light pesting). But found it can also handle slugs very well, even to 100 yards. Currently have it set up that way for groundhogs.

This used Crown MKI is my first FX gun. I love the simplicity and options for tuning in a manner that’s simple for me to understand and feel confident in making adjustments to see what works for me.

I’m looking forward to installing the arrow barrel kit. If it shoots half as good as I expect, I will use it for deer (rifle) season this year.

If I find another good deal on a used Crown I am buying another.

Reactions: fiestaman
I think I will settle on the FX Crown 2 Plus with Nordic Wolf stock. The 600mm barrel seems to be the optimal barrellength for .177cal. Adding an additional 100mm won`t improve much. I want a gun for the bench. My Daystate Revere in similar caliber is for walking around. I am sure the Daystate and the FX will get along just fine..:).

The really one good thing about the FX is I can later buy all the different barrels in all calibers if needed. The Daystate doesn`t have that versatility.