FX Crown .177 questions

Hi y'all,

I just received my crown .177 synth, with the 380mm barrel, and I have a couple of questions:

- Is it normal with the "hammerspring ring"? It kind of sounds like a toygun in my noobie ears! and is there a fix?

- the bottle gage seems to be off by arround 20 bar.( I'm using a Hill handpump, previously used on a gamo coyote, where 235 bar on the pump gage, showed 235 bar on the gun gage) How would I know if the reg gage is wrong aswell?

- I cleaned the barrel well and shooting it in with 8.02 gr jsb redstar. the cheap ones... it seems quite accurate off the bat! And quiet with a weihrauch mod, shooting inside at about 10 yrds. With these light pellets ( maybe even the 7,44 gr) could I just turn down the speed to like 600 fps? (less noise, higher shot count) or do most pellets like arround 800 fps?

- There is a little hole under the mag, where the shippingsrew used to be. Is it smart to close that hole with a little screw?

I'm watching many YT vids, about tuning, tinkering and such, but it's quite challenging to put it in practice!

Having loads of fun and any thoughts, tips 'n tricks would be welcome!

Greetz from Norway!

I am also from Norway, so welcome here also:) The gun should be tuned from factory, for the most common jsb pellets, probably the 8 grains. You can shoot the gun until the reg gauge needle start to drop, and then fill the gun and then watch at at what pressure the fill kit show, when the bottle valve opens. That should give you an roughly indication of what the real reg pressure is.

Edit: just saw you use a handpump, so I am not sure the the prevous method work. If you have a chronograph, the velocity on the gun should increase when you are below regpressure.

Takk, Tor47. I tried, but it's not clear with the hand pump. and halleluja! I lost count on how many rounds, from 250 bar down to just under 100! And a good workout with the pump, to bring it back to full!! :)) But I did notice that from 100 to 150 bar, the pump and bottle gage are pretty much on point. but onwards and up the bottle gage lags behind, with a 20 bar difference at 250 bar. It must be a bad gage!

anyway thanks for the input, and a late "gratulere med dagen"! :)