fx crown .177, 600mm STX superlite dud.

20210515_220546.1621109301.jpg
Got a 600mm superlite STX barrel kit delivered. But it's shooting 5mrad left. I optically re-zeroed my Element helix, and put my 1 year mold 380mm stx barrel on: just a couple of klicks from center. Put the new barrel on: 5-6 mrad left. put the 380 back on: centered. So it's not my scope. Any thoughts would be welcome before I sendt it back. :)

Edit: here is the only difference I can see with the 380mm. the nut is not all flush.

I agree with Acruz - try indexing the liner and you may find you get POI much improved in relation to your optically zeroed scope. 

How are the groups it's shooting? I'd only really consider it a dud if it is performing poorly in that sense.

IT'S SOME WORK BUT YOU CAN TRY INDEXING THE SLEEVE TO THE BARREL.

Thanks guys, by indexing, you mean take of the sleeve and move/turn the "washers"?

How are the groups it's shooting? I'd only really consider it a dud if it is performing poorly in that sense.

So I got it, cleaned it, Shot about 100 rounds. I was very pleased. finally I got the 16gr up to speed( wich I couldn't with the 380mm) Groups were ok I guess, for a new barrel. (shot a fly at 25 yrds :)) I tried briefly to turn the washers but that didn't seem to have any effect. It's .177 so difficult to "look inside" for irregularities. Oh yeah, first sight in was at 10 yrds. 5mrad at 10 yrd is a lot I think? thanks for your input guys!

I had a 700mm liner that was a bit tweaked that caused pellets clipping my moderator.

I made a set of rollers and used an indicator to measure the high spots. It doesn’t take much pressure to bend the liner a little. After I get my liners straightened a bit (they don’t need to be perfect) I index and mark them so they always go in with the high side to the top if that makes sense.
When you get it right you’ll see it really minimizes sideways drift when you stretch from 25,50,75...

51599F72-056E-45C7-960E-4F237E9D1711.1621097263.jpeg
07AE30A5-FA46-4BBB-999F-EFBA51641FD9.1621097265.jpeg

In my opinion for good long range accuracy indexing your liners is an absolute must.

Check out Ernest straightening out a barrel.

https://youtu.be/9HzEnQML3gM

PappiPt not the washers. This is how I index the barrel sleeve. On my Impact I remove the shroud, on the sleeve, at the twelve o'clock position make a mark with a sharpy or other marker. loosen the barrel lock down screw and rotate the sleeve clockwise to the 2 o'clock position. Put it all together and take five shots. record the group. Then move the sleeve to the 4 o'clock position and take another five shots and record the group. And just keep rotating the sleeve and recording the groups. When you get back to 12 o'clock position see where the best group is at and rotate the sleeve to that position. Then it's a matter of finding the proper tune for whatever you are going to shoot. 

PappiPt not the washers. This is how I index the barrel sleeve. On my Impact I remove the shroud, on the sleeve, at the twelve o'clock position make a mark with a sharpy or other marker. loosen the barrel lock down screw and rotate the sleeve clockwise to the 2 o'clock position. Put it all together and take five shots. record the group. Then move the sleeve to the 4 o'clock position and take another five shots and record the group. And just keep rotating the sleeve and recording the groups. When you get back to 12 o'clock position see where the best group is at and rotate the sleeve to that position. Then it's a matter of finding the proper tune for whatever you are going to shoot.

Ah ok, I just have the shroud and the barrel/liner, hold in place by three washers.

I had a 700mm liner that was a bit tweaked that caused pellets clipping my moderator.

I made a set of rollers and used an indicator to measure the high spots. It doesn’t take much pressure to bend the liner a little. After I get my liners straightened a bit (they don’t need to be perfect) I index and mark them so they always go in with the high side to the top if that makes sense.
When you get it right you’ll see it really minimizes sideways drift when you stretch from 25,50,75.

https://youtu.be/9HzEnQML3gM

Thanks, I'll keep that as a last solution. Paying almost 300 quid for a new barrel, and then having to straighten it is a bit scary on my part! I'll check with the shop first. I got 7 days to sendt it back. 

Yes, so you want to mark the liner at its 12 o clock position, then rotate the liner itself, leaving everything else unchanged and see how point of impact shifts as you do. Hopefully at a certain degree of rotation, say with the liner rotated to 4 o'clock as an arbitrary example, poi will line up more closely/acceptably with your scopes line of sight. If it doesn't work, or swings way out the other way consider moving on to srtmats solution

Update: rolled the barrel on my lego-rollers, and straightend it slightly. Got the liner indexed, but poi stil 8-10 mrad low, at 10 yards, Wich seems a lot to me (380 barrel about 2 mrad low, still with optically centered scope).

I don't know, it feels like something's off, with this barrel.

I double checked my scope, by some " nipple-twisting".

I shot some groups, with differend ammo, wich looked ok. But already using half of my elevation, in the fx nolimit rings, seems like a bad starting point. (Measured in cm) shot at 15 yrds.
20210517_164123.1621265739.jpg
20210517_164111.1621265741.jpg
20210517_164101.1621265742.jpg
20210517_164049.1621265743.jpg