FX Craze

I remember when the Impact was first announced, which may have been the point that FX kicked into high gear. At this time in airgun history, the Kalibrgun Cricket was dominating the bullpup area, and everyone not shooting a Cricket seemed to be shooting a Marauder. The Impact had a combination of features that were either unique or rare at the time:
  • It was a bottle gun that offered high shot count at lower fill pressure (250bar vs other 300bar tube guns of the time)
  • It was a bullpup that offered forward cocking
  • It was a bullpup that didn't look like a bullpup. I think the Impact gets pegged as 'looking like an AR15' too much, when it is really just a great modern, high-tech looking design with good lines.
  • Class leading magazine capacity in all calibers
  • Caliber change capability, modularity, easy tuning, etc, etc...
The story I've heard is that Fredrik didn't want to do it because it was too unconventional of a look, but Johan convinced him. The rest is history and the innovation hasn't slowed down since. FX continues to innovate and market like their survival depends on it, even though they are leading the industry. They also lead the industry with customer support, which is key in something else they do - crowd source ideas from customers and the aftermarket. They support customer tinkering and mods. Customers start doing things like shooting slugs and competing in NRL22, and they come out with designs to feed those desires. They also have a symbiotic relationship with the aftermarket industry that provides additional innovation.

Bottom line, they give the customer what they want and continue to come out with new and interesting designs.
And think about all the thriving businesses like K&L, ST, to name just a couple, thst have made a great business just manufacturing parts from just the impact! Others are popping up, like Airmarksman, and Stud loader mags. All because of the Impact.

I wish more companies would specialize in parts for the other great guns like the Priests, Uragans, and Crickets. Me personally, I won’t invest in another gun that a long ARCA rail under the bottle isn’t made for. Not into a short strip of picatinny way back by the trigger guard

Reactions: rsfrid and L.Leon
I’ve had good luck with FX and their service department. I sent my compact in for warranty work and they not only fixed the issue( the bottle adapter was messed up cuz the adapter is aluminum and the bottle is stainless steel), they “updated” all the parts(dual transfer port, correct hammer weight, fixed reg o-rings, and more that I can’t remember. All of that was NOT the warranty work I asked for.

My tech said this-“We want our customers to be happy with their airguns. Call me if you need anymore help.”

Nuf said!!
Hey brother, I need to talk to you about something but I just joined today. If I provided an email address, would you send me a message? No big deal if you don’t want to. Thanks

Think one of the succes story is that they work with the youtubers, not against them. If you look at some of AEAC`s videos, he say he can not review every brand or gun, as not all companies are willing to send guns to him for testing. That is in my opinion a bad mistake, as they basically are saying no to free advertisement. A company which are succefull are able to attract the the right people to work and colaborate with them, and have resorses to develop new products. Some may say they are able to "buy" the right people, but nevertheless they are succefull. A small company are not able to make theire own barrels, or other parts, and theire products maybe doeas not stick out as much as the competition.

Let`s be honest when people ask about bying FX guns, they usually ask about what FX gun to buy, as there is so many to choose from. If they do not like the impact, they might choose the crown instead, or vise versa. Noone ask what taipan to buy, as there has been only one, (the veteran) for many years. A customer which want a traditional rifle, would not choose a taipan (or wathever brand which only sells bullpups). Not that other brands are bad (some may be better in some areas for all I know). But with FX you can get almost ever type of gun you want, being a bullpup, a standard rifle, a pellet shooter, or a slug shooter. But it seems like other companies are starting to catch up, which means there is even more options to choose from, from a none brand bias customer:)

Reactions: L.Leon
What makes you think they are free advertising?
B2D24BB0-CF5B-4C62-B5A2-2A1067336978.jpeg

What makes you think they are free advertising?
View attachment 340081
Ok, I may be wrong here about AEAC, but he is not the only one out there. Most youtubers would be happy to keep the gun they review as payment. That is almost free advertisement for a big company. A few guns given away as free to the right influensers on youtube, is probably worth the investement, escpecially if they like it:)

TOR47- what I’m about to reply is my opinion only. Fair enough?
FX I am a big fan of, as I own four of their platforms and if $$ allow, will probably own more. I am making my reply back here mainly on folks relying on YT to make a decision to invest in a platform. It is a bad idea. Watch the patterns of the most popular YT advisors- it’s always the greatest thing since sliced bread. They shoot great on Tasco scopes. They’re all backyard friendly, and here’s the one that gets me- they’re all accurate! These popular reviewers, this is their way of making a living. If I asked you to review all my guns under a paid contract, are you gonna bag on my guns?

Now the few that make reviews that are negative mostly, these are the guys that bought their guns and ended up with a lemon and they are doing these vids to either get a replacement or a refund, hoping the manufacturer gets wind of their vids.

Every once in awhile a true honest review comes out from someone who paid for his gun and does a vid cause he’s proud and excited. In those they share both the pros and cons with no agendas attached.

I’ve been burned once and only once on a platform based on a YouTube vid in my first year getting into PCP’s. I swore never again, and instead base my purchase decision only on the results of certain AGN members on this site.

Again, just my opinion.
I recently got a friend into this hobby. I linked him a YT video of a Gamo urban done by one of the famous guys. What I did make sure to do first, was to disclose all the cons of that gun that I know wasn’t going to get mentioned by Mr Famous. So yeah, the few times I rely on a YT vid to show someone, I make it clear on the negatives and also tell them that a lot of these reviewers make their living at doing these reviews.

TOR47- what I’m about to reply is my opinion only. Fair enough?
FX I am a big fan of, as I own four of their platforms and if $$ allow, will probably own more. I am making my reply back here mainly on folks relying on YT to make a decision to invest in a platform. It is a bad idea. Watch the patterns of the most popular YT advisors- it’s always the greatest thing since sliced bread. They shoot great on Tasco scopes. They’re all backyard friendly, and here’s the one that gets me- they’re all accurate! These popular reviewers, this is their way of making a living. If I asked you to review all my guns under a paid contract, are you gonna bag on my guns?

Now the few that make reviews that are negative mostly, these are the guys that bought their guns and ended up with a lemon and they are doing these vids to either get a replacement or a refund, hoping the manufacturer gets wind of their vids.

Every once in awhile a true honest review comes out from someone who paid for his gun and does a vid cause he’s proud and excited. In those they share both the pros and cons with no agendas attached.

I’ve been burned once and only once on a platform based on a YouTube vid in my first year getting into PCP’s. I swore never again, and instead base my purchase decision only on the results of certain AGN members on this site.

Again, just my opinion.
I recently got a friend into this hobby. I linked him a YT video of a Gamo urban done by one of the famous guys. What I did make sure to do first, was to disclose all the cons of that gun that I know wasn’t going to get mentioned by Mr Famous. So yeah, the few times I rely on a YT vid to show someone, I make it clear on the negatives and also tell them that a lot of these reviewers make their living at doing these reviews.
Totally agree with you here. There several are guys out there which are honest, and buy there own stuff. Guys like Southern gunner which have both an impact, and a crown clearly say what he does not like about them, and what he likes. He also say why he prefer the original stock on the crown, instead of the grs one, . Those guys usually also shoot many different brands. If they do not own all theire guns themself, they might borrow a couple, for a review.
Some of them may not be the greatest shot, but you do not need to be the greatest driver either to test a car. Or to say it different, if you hire the best driver in the world, the car does not get better for that reason:)

Fx makes some solid platforms. Or more accurately. Has made. I feel like they got ahead of themselves trying to add more bells and whistles, while likely producing outside of what they can reliably provide good quality assurance for. My fx crown is pretty simple and extremely well made, but it was also made before demand and production got out of hand. AA does not disappoint, neither does daystate or brocock. All great options. FX has extremely good potential. But they are a bit more temperamental. For someone that likes tweaking and tinkering, it's a non-issue. But you won't see me buying a new fx with more bells and whistles. Last one I bought was a rather old Ranchero. Stellar pistol.

Last edited:
They are obvious good salesmen, and make theire own unique products. Can not blame any company for that. In US they also seems to have very good support, and waranty, which is nice for the customer. But I agree with Bigragu you should not trust every sponsored youtuber, as they have theire own interest of given the product they test a good score. FX probably have the money to sponsor more guys than smaller companies being as succefull as they are.

No gun is perfect, they all have some minor things which might anoy a litle, or some minor flaws, while at the same time having theire strenghts. I know some of the plastic mags in FX guns has not always been top notch, escpesially while using slugs. A gun advertised as being a good slug shooter, should not have problems with slugs thumbling sideways, when loading, which actually was not uncommon in the first plastic mags. I myself bougth aftermarket inserts, with less rounds to avoid that issue. They probably has improved on that on later magasines. I have seen a well known youtuber fidling with the mag at the bench, having trouble to cycle the gun, but never mention it in the review, but instead focusing on the group on target instead.
I personally has several FX guns, a taipan veteran, and an agt vulcan 2. I can mention smaller issues with all of them if I wanted. But I can also focus on the good parts with all of them also:)

I've been into firearms for many years, lusted over Beeman air rifles the better part of my childhood and never got one. I recently came back to airguns because I love the act of shooting and they let me get out an do it much easier and much more often.

I very quickly became obsessed and here I sit with 5 FX rifles and every imaginable accessory on the face of this earth. I have to say though, I love it, and I am fortunate enough to be able to pursue it and get my kicks.

Are my purchases ridiculous, yes! But its all relative, my buddies spend far far more golfing so whatever.
I'd highly reccomend a hw35. The best beemans were always HW's The 35 is about on par with the hw50 I own power wise, but they have a much shorter stroke/larger piston and are super tame/easy to shoot, and less hold sensative. Not that my 50 isn't very nice, but if I could do it again, I'd try the 35 out. Just have too many guns as is, and the 50 I have is extremely nice. So, no plans to part or trade.

I'm not a fx superfan but I really like my Dreamline a lot. I admit when I got it the reg leaked and crept. The valve stem and seat leaked. The main airtube gauge was off by 20 bar and the replacement I got from them is off by 15 bar. But after two bad fx amp regs, I finally replaced the amp with the huma gen 3, and that reg is right on, doesn't leak and the valve and seat replacements from fx got it to stop leaking there as well. I'm sure it's just a freak that I had all these problems with mine. I really like this thing and can't wait to be able to get it out and finally shoot it after owning it for months. The free float hammer is one of the best features I can think of that all mfg's should include.

Some manufactures may stay away from external adjustable regs, as they know how easy it is to screw things up, by the customer. They maybe can not afford a big service department like FX. So they make the guns "bullet proof" setting them up good at the factory, or dealer instead, and limit what the end user can fiddle with without braking the warranty. Nothing wrong in that, as both the manufacturer, and customers will have more trouble free guns. But some customers wanting thouse extra features might choose an FX instead.

No gun is perfect, they all have some minor things which might anoy a litle, or some minor flaws, while at the same time having theire strenghts. I know some of the plastic mags in FX guns has not always been top notch, escpesially while using slugs. A gun advertised as being a good slug shooter, should not have problems with slugs thumbling sideways, when loading, which actually was not uncommon in the first plastic mags. I myself bougth aftermarket inserts, with less rounds to avoid that issue. They probably has improved on that on later magasines. I have seen a well known youtuber fidling with the mag at the bench, having trouble to cycle the gun, but never mention it in the review, but instead focusing on the group on target instead.
I personally has several FX guns, a taipan veteran, and an agt vulcan 2. I can mention smaller issues with all of them if I wanted. But I can also focus on the good parts with all of them also:)
Great points in this thread.
While I was very impressed by the a lot of the Youtube videos of the FX impact, I did a lot of research before putting my own money into purchasing one.

Members like Vetmx, Tor47 and others who kept contributing with their knowledge in these forums also helped me in making an informed decision.

I don't get a lot of the 'fanboy' bias towards a couple of big brands here and there, and I've seen members jump on and attack/defend brands. Maybe it's like Apple vs Android, but at the end of the day, if you're spending your own money, do your research and then understand what you're going in for.

My FX Impact MK2 has been trouble free for the past 2 years now, and the only issue I keep facing is air hissing sometimes if the gun is cocked. I've looked into this and it is possibly a valve seating issue because I've kept the regulator very low for my shooting (~60 bar). This is solved with a dry fire 2-3 times (with air in the system of course). I know it will leak sometime and am comfortable with tinkering / opening it up, but that doesn't mean everyone is.
Conversely, another cheaper PCP I have, with only 8-10 O rings to speak of has leaked twice, and I've had to replace them. Go figure.

Reactions: Ajith
Airguns as a Hobby .... Had 3 fx's, now have zero & no interest in revisiting the brand.

Now as an American, I've been interested is American manufacturers for quite a few years now.
Granted this by in large has not really worked out $$$ wise tho has some standout guns in the journey, but again this is a hobby / sport and one generally needs some disposable income or at least a miens to play and recover some of the costs involved. ( A Tuning Business in my case )

RAW ( Rapid Air Weapons ) WAR ( Wicked Air Rifles ) JSAR ( Jefferson State Air Rifles ) THOMAS Air & Now SKOUT making it 5 U.S.A. based manufactures that have / are mading some really solid guns. I own the 1st 4 and about to venture into Skout and do what I've done with all of them ... Explore designs, shoot em & see if Mods or changes can make em better ?

FX Craze ... yea no doubt a popular brand for many and a not so much for likely equal amounts of AG enthusiasts :unsure:

I'm 'new' to airguns, unless you count my very old Daisy 717. Bought a break barrel, learned more about it than I every wanted to, decided to get a PCP, liked the Zbroia Sapsan, until the reg. took a hike when Putin invaded Ukraine, was talking longer than I wanted for my toy to get fixed (took a year, they finally simply replaced it) looked at differenct PCP's did my due diligence and Hello FX Maverick. People complain about all of the o-rings, really aren't that many and how often do they die a horrible death? Besides I like messing with things My biggest 'complaint' is that FX appears to have an interesting variation in their NC machines/programming, the #2 reg can be in varying positions. Mine happens to be on the left which is cool, because that where the gauge is. I did mess up one of my regs and it's on me, but they sent me some new parts, the only ding is, NO O-RINGS. As soon as I got my first Maverick I ordered 10 or every o-ring so that wasn't a problem. Yes I have two of them and thinking about a third for some dumb reason.