FX Craze

Not trying to antagonize. I just do not clearly understand your post.
Are you saying that FX guns are not as popular as people perceive them to be? Or that their popularity does not rise to the level of craze?

That's okay.

My point is "popular" is a word that is selectively redefined, depending on the context. Airguns are not popular, so to say FX guns are popular without irony requires, among other things, sampling from a highly refined sub-population that would allow the statement to make sense.

Even among airgunners, PCP guns are not popular -- springers are the most popular. So that's another refinement one needs to make to stretch the limits of what "popular" means, in order to let the phrase make sense.

But among airgunners that buy PCP rifles, it could very well be true that FX guns are popular once you ignore things like the Crosman 1322, which probably still outsells FX airguns. That said, I don't have the sales data so I'm not sure if that's true.

FX is popular on this air gun forum, birds of a feather stick together, the FX owners stick together.
Are they superior,I think not, but they do have a great variety and many upgrades.
FX owners are a proud bunch. When you realize the passion FX owners have one comes to realize, so be it.it is not the end all for the rest of us. We still have a great variety in the PCP world, sometimes I think , fook no I am not getting an FX because too many people talk too much about them and I know for a fact I have other great choices,I just won't have as many opportunities to talk about how great my FX is...blah blah, the :ROFLMAO:fact there should be an FX only subdivision for them.FX the Shimano what to be.:unsure:

I've been around PCP airguns for almost 20 years. Almost 30 if you count paintball guns as PCPs (technically they are)....
Anyway, in my opinion FX makes the best stuff. To top it off, even though they are Swedish, they have that warranty center in South Carolina and provide the best customer care I've ever seen. You might call me a fanboi, and you might be right, but I love my 2 Mavericks, my Impact, and my Panthera. At this point I have an FX addiction but I am NOT seeking help to get cured! ;)

Just for funzies, here is a video of my new Panthera .22 600mm smashing 4" steel at 150 with ease and then landing several slugs on top of each other at 190 yards. You can't deny the awesomeness of that!

I think it’s in Wilmington, North Carolina…
I have been a fan of your Youtube vids for sometime as I have a Maverick compact .22…….and love it!

Not trying to antagonize. I just do not clearly understand your post.
Are you saying that FX guns are not as popular as people perceive them to be? Or that their popularity does not rise to the level of craze?

Simply going off your join date of 2022, apologies if you've been in the hobby longer. When the Impact was first released, and especially with MK2 & MK3, there was a time where the airgun industry seemed to be literally all FX outside of FT. It's cooled off since then.

They sure made a big effort to give people what they want,
back when the Bullpups first came out they where on the weak side but FX kept working and started to make powerhouses,
still I wasn't a big fan until the Panthera was introduced and I'm loving what I see,
....also they never stop, just look at the Gatling,
they make all kinds of barrels in house,.....FX is a giant above anyone else right now.

Reactions: qball
Yep, I drank it...

giphy.gif

I have Air Arms, Benjamin, Feinwerkbau, FX, Walther, and Weihrauch PCPs. All are chosen for particular purposes, all are shot regularly at my home range.

I consider each purchase based on my needs and do diligence by considering all available brands/models.

After years of comparing PCPs I've found that FX Airguns has consistently show that they are innovative, have well designed, well made products sold at competitive prices that are above average performers.

So, am I a Fanboi for purchasing a brand that I've repeatedly had good experience with?

For my applications, if I could only choose one airgun to use out it would by my .22 caliber FX Crown Mk2.

Simply going off your join date of 2022, apologies if you've been in the hobby longer. When the Impact was first released, and especially with MK2 & MK3, there was a time where the airgun industry seemed to be literally all FX outside of FT. It's cooled off since then.
No need to apologize even if I were in the hobby longer. I just got into this early in 2022 so what I have seen is just recent history, that is why I was looking for clarification.
I don’t know if FX is THE most popular gun or if it is not and it doesn’t matter one way or the other.
I think FX expends more effort ($) getting their name and products in front of the market than other makers. That in itself does not make them more popular just more visible.

Reactions: UCChris
I think it’s in Wilmington, North Carolina…
I have been a fan of your Youtube vids for sometime as I have a Maverick compact .22…….and love it!
Yes you're absolutely right, I must have been tired last night! Haha

Thanks for your nice comment and for being a fan of my growing channel!

The Maverick may just be my favorite platform. Easy to work on, huge plenum, tons of power potential, easy to tune, and as accurate as can be. My .22 Sniper is insanely accurate with the stock liner and .217 23 & 24.8gr NSA slugs. My .30 likes the 47.2gr NSAs and Hybrids and it is my hunting rig topped with a thermal scope.

I convinced my brother in law that he needed a Maverick and he bought a compact like yours. He is competing with me at an NRL22 match next weekend with his compact .22. I'll try to get some footage of that if allowed. I'll be rocking the new Panthera (y)

FX was smart. They rode the YouTube marketing train from the start and got a huge internet following and it just snowballed from there. FX became popular when they didn’t have great service or parts availability.

They make a quality product that appeals to a mass market audience, backed by a ton of slick marketing. I don’t know if the other brands will ever be able to catch up.

Reactions: UCChris
I remember when the Impact was first announced, which may have been the point that FX kicked into high gear. At this time in airgun history, the Kalibrgun Cricket was dominating the bullpup area, and everyone not shooting a Cricket seemed to be shooting a Marauder. The Impact had a combination of features that were either unique or rare at the time:
  • It was a bottle gun that offered high shot count at lower fill pressure (250bar vs other 300bar tube guns of the time)
  • It was a bullpup that offered forward cocking
  • It was a bullpup that didn't look like a bullpup. I think the Impact gets pegged as 'looking like an AR15' too much, when it is really just a great modern, high-tech looking design with good lines.
  • Class leading magazine capacity in all calibers
  • Caliber change capability, modularity, easy tuning, etc, etc...
The story I've heard is that Fredrik didn't want to do it because it was too unconventional of a look, but Johan convinced him. The rest is history and the innovation hasn't slowed down since. FX continues to innovate and market like their survival depends on it, even though they are leading the industry. They also lead the industry with customer support, which is key in something else they do - crowd source ideas from customers and the aftermarket. They support customer tinkering and mods. Customers start doing things like shooting slugs and competing in NRL22, and they come out with designs to feed those desires. They also have a symbiotic relationship with the aftermarket industry that provides additional innovation.

Bottom line, they give the customer what they want and continue to come out with new and interesting designs.

Reactions: L.Leon and Vana2
Own a few Porsche 911s over the years, always admired how a company will refine a platform year after year. My first PCP was when the Impact Mk2 PP was introduced, following it's history, it was easy to see FX has similar tendencies.
While I've flipped a few, my current FX stable consists of 4 Impacts and a Panthera.

Reactions: qball and tibor
Yes you're absolutely right, I must have been tired last night! Haha

Thanks for your nice comment and for being a fan of my growing channel!

The Maverick may just be my favorite platform. Easy to work on, huge plenum, tons of power potential, easy to tune, and as accurate as can be. My .22 Sniper is insanely accurate with the stock liner and .217 23 & 24.8gr NSA slugs. My .30 likes the 47.2gr NSAs and Hybrids and it is my hunting rig topped with a thermal scope.

I convinced my brother in law that he needed a Maverick and he bought a compact like yours. He is competing with me at an NRL22 match next weekend with his compact .22. I'll try to get some footage of that if allowed. I'll be rocking the new Panthera (y)
I’ve had good luck with FX and their service department. I sent my compact in for warranty work and they not only fixed the issue( the bottle adapter was messed up cuz the adapter is aluminum and the bottle is stainless steel), they “updated” all the parts(dual transfer port, correct hammer weight, fixed reg o-rings, and more that I can’t remember. All of that was NOT the warranty work I asked for.

My tech said this-“We want our customers to be happy with their airguns. Call me if you need anymore help.”

Nuf said!!