FX Craze

Just wondering if the FX Craze will ever slow down in the States. I have been into PCPS for 12 years. My first was a AA S510 in .22 cal. Almost perfect in every category. Noticed they recently received a big award in Europe. Shot a Daystate Wolverine 10 years ago and was blown away. It appears that these manufacturers continue solid R and D but it appears that guys love greater opportunities to tweak their guns and accessorize them. Thus the success of FX here at home. Am I missing something?

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
I'm NOT an FX fanboy per se, but am dedicated to one of their PLATFORMS (Bobcat, Boss, Royale). Probably the simplest, most reliable pellet shooters they ever made. Their more "adjustable" models scare me away. WAY too many things to get out of whack & way too many o-rings. I want to spend more time shooting & NO time tinkering!

FX has simply catered to US consumer needs/wants. US airgun shooters tend to also own powder burners therefore, it should be no surprise that a manufacturer that provides AR15 looks and higher power levels has captured a large part of the US market.

If the market turns and a new fad develops in the powder burner world it will eventually trickle down into the US airgun market too.

I don’t think European users are as crazy for tactical looks as we are in the US.

-Marty

I’ve never been one to be brand loyal, but when a brand like FX has some stellar rifles, great build quality, and a service and parts network that is both willing to help you repair it yourself, or repair it themselves in and sometimes outside of warranty, it’s hard for me to buy other brands. Not to say I don’t, but it is hard!

Got my first FX (Ultimate) in like 2000. Tried a bunch of others. Most of them are gone. I currently have 5 FX guns, a .25 Crown MKII, 2 Wildcat MKIII Bt's (.22 Compact and .30 600mm), a Dream Tact Compact in .177, and an Impact M3 in .25 600mm. A company that has a quality US presence, parts support, and shows me how to work on my guns if needed with the execellent Masterclass videos, gets my business. When I buy another, odds are it will be another FX.

I don't know if I would call it a craze. FX has some very appealing and what seem to be well thought out products.
I looked long and hard at several models and came very close to buying a Maverick, but when the rubber hit the road, I had to go with my gut feelings and keep it simple.
As nice as the FX guns are, they are far to complex for a first time PCP in my opinion. Well not really first time for me, but first upper tier PCP so my choice reflected that gut feeling

My next one, will likely be a different story.

Never seen one except here. But I can say that about most brands.

I have a hard time spending that much for any brand. I only have one really nice gun because I bought it used.

The only FX I like the look of is the Dreamline classic, but there are better looking guns in the same style.

But, at the right price, I would buy any of them.

I'm NOT an FX fanboy per se, but am dedicated to one of their PLATFORMS (Bobcat, Boss, Royale). Probably the simplest, most reliable pellet shooters they ever made. Their more "adjustable" models scare me away. WAY too many things to get out of whack & way too many o-rings. I want to spend more time shooting & NO time tinkering!
I can vouch for the Bobcat...

Reactions: Centercut
"FX craze" is a little like saying "popular philosopher". With sufficiently-many restrictions in context, anything or anyone could appear to be popular.
Not trying to antagonize. I just do not clearly understand your post.
Are you saying that FX guns are not as popular as people perceive them to be? Or that their popularity does not rise to the level of craze?

I've been around PCP airguns for almost 20 years. Almost 30 if you count paintball guns as PCPs (technically they are)....
Anyway, in my opinion FX makes the best stuff. To top it off, even though they are Swedish, they have that warranty center in South Carolina (EDIT: North Carolina. Must have been tired last night!) and provide the best customer care I've ever seen. You might call me a fanboi, and you might be right, but I love my 2 Mavericks, my Impact, and my Panthera. At this point I have an FX addiction but I am NOT seeking help to get cured! ;)

Just for funzies, here is a video of my new Panthera .22 600mm smashing 4" steel at 150 with ease and then landing several slugs on top of each other at 190 yards. You can't deny the awesomeness of that!

Last edited: