• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

fx compact M3 177 accuracy question

In my shooting most of the Diabolo pellets seem to prefer speeds in the 830-960fps range. Some of the heavier pellets like to be shot faster than that but most of the others will not.

I shot several one hole groups at 50 yards with my .177 STX barrel and the 10.4 JSB at near 960fps but never over. I found a bit more consistency at lower velocities though.

A few well tuned guns with the right barrels can shoot them a bit faster but in my testing the groups seem to open up more and more as the speed increases past 960fps.

On the other hand I have had some less than MOA groups at 100 yards shooting the JSB 33.95 .25 pellets at 740fps.

Hello all

New to Fx just made the jump to Fx compact M3 impact while setting up and adjusting have noticed turning down the feet per second to the 850 range tightens up the shot group when bringing up the fps the groups open up a bit shooting 10.34 jsb anyone else experience this.

Thankyou in advance

Bud

As you have found out, your gun shoots that projectile best at a certain range; it is what it is for that barrel. There are many youtube videos demonstrating this. This is where you try different projectiles to get what you want. If you want to hit harder, for example, go for heavier and then see what the highest fps you can get within acceptable accuracy.