• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

FX come on you can do better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello I’m not putting FX on blast but I am posting here because FX staff tend to read these threads.

I bought an FX impact M3 about 6 months ago. I put maybe 4 tins of pellets through it in the first 4 months at factory settings. I have not touched the regulators. Then around the end of the 4th month the regulators failed. FX took it back for warranty repair. 2 months later I got the rifle back from FX and was assured they pressure tested and accuracy tested the rifle during this time.

I got the rifle back last night 12/9/22. Took the rifle out of the box and filled it with HPA, and immediately noticed that both regulators were set at 230 bar…. Now how is it that the manual states that the primary reg should never be set above 170??? And how did they test it with the regulars at 230??? So I went through the process and sent the primary to 110 and the secondary to 80. Set up the chronograph and shot the rifle 4 times, each time the FPS dropped by 100 fps. Then I loaded number 5 pellet, the gun did not fire. Instead the rifle vented air from some unknown area and will no longer shoot. The regulators are still set and the air tank is holding pressure, but no air moves through the rifle. So now what? Back to FX for another 2 months? And how long will it work the next time? 8 shots? How about this FX why don’t you give me a new rifle or my money back, I don’t need a $2000 wish of what could have been. And yes I will be calling you FX bright and early on Monday morning, but in the meantime how are you going to fix this???

I have never had any issues with any of my FX rifles. I have had shipping damage by the FedEx animals though.
Some years back I had two different PB rifles from different manufacturers. The guns were repaired and not a single word as to what was done or root cause. Pretty sure they do that because of forums like this one will supply press they really don’t want.
I am impressed that within approximately three hours FX USA was post #2. Good on you FX USA.
Who knows, maybe the rifle worked perfectly on the bench, but once it left their facility, there is absolutely no way of knowing its handling history. My first Wildcat must have been launched out of a cannon at a wall. The moderator was literally Robinhooded at the point where two sections screwed together. I only feel safe shipping a block of steel as long as it’s surrounde by about 20 layers of cardboard.
I hope your rifle is repaired quickly.

I am sure they put the regs up to 230 to make sure the regs work across the pressure range. You typically will test anything at a higher level than what you want the item to operate at, this is a very common thing. Sounds like they were testing the regulators and when done they forgot to back down the reg pressure. It is an easy fix and nothing to really get upset about.

Look at it this way..... you know the rifle was looked at and worked on due to the regs being bumped up so high.

From what you are describing, it just about sounds like valve lock.

Reactions: FX-USA
I am sure they put the regs up to 230 to make sure the regs work across the pressure range. You typically will test anything at a higher level than what you want the item to operate at, this is a very common thing. Sounds like they were testing the regulators and when done they forgot to back down the reg pressure. It is an easy fix and nothing to really get upset about.

Look at it this way..... you know the rifle was looked at and worked on due to the regs being bumped up so high.

From what you are describing, it just about sounds like valve lock.
Thank you for the input Woogie; you are not 100% wrong. It was not forgotten to be turned back down after a leak test we performed; our techs followed the standard operating procedure we do have in place. (The procedure follows; after the gun is repaired, leak/creep test for three days, test velocity/accuracy, record, and ship). After the performed leak test, our techs brought it back down, and later the reg just happened to fail during the transition from us to shipping or during shipping. It was just a series of unfortunate events that we are rectifying for Extradrygin and replacing the parts, including shipping.

FX Airguns USA

Last edited:
What has scared me away from the impacts, Maverick etc. They are really technical guns with too many orings and parts putting above my tech skills.

The barrel alone probably has 10 O-rings. But they sure are accurate. I wouldn't trust a `` Factory tune " on the Maverick. Mine was way off . I couldn't hear the plenum breath until I adjusted both regs. I really like that customer service actually encouraged me to work on it at home. I have never touched a regulator until I purchased Maverick. Now ive pulled two regulators out and put new pistons in . They said it was easy and it was. Don’t want to ship it anywhere if I don't have to.

Wanted to say FX has the best customer service I've ever had. Very knowledgeable and fast shipping of parts.

Last edited:
the thing about FX they are very on top of things , I can give 1 example but it was a long time ago . I sent a wildcat to FX under warranty , I got it back and the reg pressure was bottle pressure , I called 1 time they offered to ship it back or send me a reg , well the reg was in my mailbox in 2 days , this is customer service , I know of no other airgun company who would do this , threw years if I ever contacted they always would offer to send what ever needed or to ship gun , things happen , but they are one of the best customer service airgun companies out their .
LOU

I got my impact back. This time a member of the FX team by the name of Oliver serviced my rifle. This fellow did an excellent job, he kept in contact about every issue that was being looked at, did all the appropriate repairs, and did it all in a timely manner. Oliver is a first rate guy and he has given me the confidence back in my M3. I received my rifle on 1/7/23 and I have put 1500 pellets through it in that time, to include my first IFP target shot for official score. My M3 has worked flawlessly and is such a pleasure to shoot I can’t put it down. Hopefully it continues in this manner and I have to say that this time around the FX service team has exceeded the standard.

Thank you FX especially Oliver for getting my M3 corrected.

What has scared me away from the impacts, Maverick etc. They are really technical guns with too many orings and parts putting above my tech skills.
I'm a new pup to PCP rifles. The m3 was my second rifle... I bought it and another rifle my first month in the hobby.

Second month.. I couldn't help myself.. I took the impact m3 apart. I had to know how it ticked. I took it apart and put it back together just fine. They may be complicated in comparison to others.. but it is not that complicated of a device. Rebuild a couple transmissions and you'll see what I'm talking about

Status
Not open for further replies.