FX Chrony beta software update

Perhaps the best tie breaker would be using the trajectory validation feature on Strelok by plugging in pellet drop data.

Maybe, but remember I'm blonde, I drink, & I'm lazy, and that sounds like something I'd totally screw up. 

What would appeal to me would be if the LabRadar and FX used different frequencies. There'd be none of that fancy head hurting ciphering, measuring, and walking you're suggesting. 

I wish now I hadn't shot my Caldwell the minute my ProChrony arrived.

Don’t own an FX chrono, but the bracket, altough a nice option, the design itself looks like a lot of overkill IMO.

I don’t see any reason why the chrony should need to be upright, so to make it much simpler and cheaper I’d only use the V part, and in the design put a 3D screw on the bottom of this V part, and use a rubber washer or O ring to friction (screw) fit the chrony on to that. Then put some clips on one side of the bracket to hold the rubber band(s) when not in use (instead of having them as a separate piece)

The end result is smaller, cleaner, lighter, and the chrony is hanging inverted. The powerbutton would be just as accessable, and it would be much cheaper to produce (and ship) as there is much less cost of materials involved.

What I am curious about though is the poi shift at longer ranges when hanging a considerable weight on the end of your barrel...(don’t know what the FX weighs, but suspect it will be a couple of hundred grams)

Of course I could be persuaded to design just such a thing if there are any volunteers to sponsor me with an FX Chrony ;-)

I think MartinT is right. I was over at Valerie's when she was testing it, and it does seem to be a bit over built. 

When I was up shooting at the Trenier 100 Ted Bier was there and had made a mount using GoPro parts. You could easily push the on/off switch and you could see the little LED light very well, which isn't the case with the one Val bought, although hers is easier to take on/off and less likely to scratch your barrel.

The 3D printed part Val has would be preferable with a slight design change, and I know she was going to send the creator her idea for a change. He'll have to decide if that would significantly compromise the structural integrity.

I'm not sure any POI shifts are a real concern at the FX price point. Generally you're not shooting for groups while using a chrony, it is used for load development, or tuning the airgun. In any case the FX comes off and on in seconds. If someone really wants to shoot groups and tune at the same time then that Lab Radar might be the best option. 

Then again, we all have our own way of doing things.

I think the muzzle-mount for $30 is steep, but as long as there is a market for it....knock yourself out... :)

If you mount the chrono on the end of the air tank/bottle the POI would not be affected. 

This is just a proof of concept. Several ways to make it look nicer (also with the shroud on without touching). Can also extend it out closer to the muzzle-end while still anchored to the bottle. Just remove the chrono's heavy base plate to make it lighter.

Someone I am sure will make one soon and charge the ying-yang for it. 

1565760889_19272033595d539d798f72d2.66072461_IMG_1788 (1).JPG