• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

FX chronograph v2

Can you believe that FX chronograph doesn’t come with charging cable $250 and no cable
Glad Im not the only one that had that happen to them. The instructions for it says to use the included cable. Yet there was no cable in mine. I dont get why companies dont include cables and charging bricks with components anymore. Of course I've got tons of them.

Reactions: Csbrown5
I just finished watching the video and came here to look for this specific thread 😂. I wnjoy using my fx impact, I'd love a wildcat bt. But gawdamn FX, for the price you it could've had a speaker that tells you what it reads and a screen on it to see it as well. Or kept it the same price if not slightly lower. Having to buy batteries or get rechargeable ones after maybe 2 hours of use is ridiculous.

Glad Im not the only one that had that happen to them. The instructions for it says to use the included cable. Yet there was no cable in mine. I dont get why companies dont include cables and charging bricks with components anymore. Of course I've got tons of them.
I called FXUSA they said when they got some cables in, they would send me one for free

Anybody got any bad experiences with the V2?

I recently got mine; On day 1 it worked great, (happy camper!) On the second day of use it started to miss shots, and now on the 3rd day of use it registers liike only 1 shot in 20 or so. Same setup as the days before, and even tried the other mount under the barrel, and on other airguns but no improvement...
It is charged and more than 70% full... (flashing green light during charging)
I deleted the app, and reinstalled it (and lost all my historical profiles in the process of it...:-(
A Google search does not com up with anybody complaining...
It does not look good, I guess I will have to exchange it for another...?

I recently got mine; On day 1 it worked great, (happy camper!) On the second day of use it started to miss shots, and now on the 3rd day of use it registers liike only 1 shot in 20 or so. Same setup as the days before, and even tried the other mount under the barrel, and on other airguns but no improvement...
I deleted the app, and reinstalled it (and lost all my historical profiles in the process of it...:-(
Sounds like you have one that needs replacing.....

Mine does the same thing on my .177 works one day and not the next. No problems with the .25 barrel installed though.

Grrr... Just when I was thinking about getting one. The V1 was already out when I got back into air guns a couple years ago, and so plenty of people had already voiced their problems with it. I still use my ProChrono, but it doesn't have bluetooth or wifi connectivity, and it would be convenient to have that functionality, plus not have to worry about light availability. Despite the higher cost over the V1, I was hoping FX had resolved the issues and V2 would be a solid product. Hopefully these are just short-term issues. The Garmin looks nice, but I have no desire to spend $600 on a chronograph for hobby uses.

Reactions: GhostRider1685
Can you believe that FX chronograph doesn’t come with charging cable $250 and no cable

Yes!
I was thinking about including a USB cable in all of my Chronographs (I make/sell Chronys)... but decided against it.
My Chrony's use USB power, thus need a power cable - which typically connects to a phone, or tablet, or USB power bank.

A few reasons i chose against it:
Waste - lots of people have them already, just unnecessary
Price - it would increase the costs by a decent % of the product (combined with being unnecessary - its silly)
Selection - which phone/tablet? they're all going USB C, but there's lots of old iPhones, so put in a few cables? Lightning, usb C, usb A

There are some nice magnetic ones: https://natechrony.com/products/product-3/ (search on the usual ebay/amazon/ali close to you)
That have USB A/C at one end & a magnetic USB Micro at the other, quality woven sheath.
But the cost of these is 3x a basic cable at least!

Frustrating!
Sounds like an environmental change - but you seem to have it relatively locked down.

Different pellets?
Anything else different background? Something parked, something new?
Weather difference?
Is it only on small pellets? Is it reliable on larger calibers?

Have a look at Karls post here: https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/chronograph-whats-your-opinion.1303642/page-2#post-1641349
Look at the "aiming" work he did - could be something like the angle of the unit compared to the barrel needs a tweak - try a few shims?

Maybe give him a ping!

Frustrating!
Sounds like an environmental change - but you seem to have it relatively locked down.

Different pellets?
Anything else different background? Something parked, something new?
Weather difference?
Is it only on small pellets? Is it reliable on larger calibers?

Have a look at Karls post here: https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/chronograph-whats-your-opinion.1303642/page-2#post-1641349
Look at the "aiming" work he did - could be something like the angle of the unit compared to the barrel needs a tweak - try a few shims?

Maybe give him a ping!
Thanks for your answer, but I exchanged mine, and the new one is working fine! Here’s a little writeup about it, and a nice mod I made:…

Last edited:
Reactions: NateChrony