FX Chronograph V2 Quick Disconnect Picatinny Mount Project

I always wished FX would come out with a picatinny quick disconnect mount so I could swap my chronograph between gun with no tools. I've been looking for a QD mount and was going to have a machinist mill off the picatinny rail and put some 4mm holes in it so I could #D print a mount. Then, I ran across this QD picatinny mount on Amazon the other day and a lightbulb lit up.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0192NM6XY?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

The mount already had a removable rail so I made a piece to replace the rail to fit the chronograph. The STL file is attached.

1707383024770.png
1707383057802.jpeg

1707383091133.jpeg
1707383112613.jpeg

1707383157431.jpeg

View attachment FX Chronograph Mount.zip

I've had no issues with the chrony back that far. The FX manual says 2" to 10" but I wanted to reduce the angle as low as possible because of the cosine error. My Impact M3 with the 700 barrel and long mod is sitting 21" back without issues. These two Prophet 3's are 17" back. I would say, on a bad day, 1/50 shots may not pickup. Yesterday, while tuning my new P3, I shot an entire tin of 150 shots and it didn't miss a single reading.

Reactions: tibor and JohanG
I made it some time ago, I only wish FX would come up with such obvious ideas. It would save us time an money…
Ya no kidding. Even better would be some kind of mount base where you could install one on each gun and the chrony can slide on /off with a spring loaded button or some kind a ball detent system. I'm finding I'm having to adjust that picatinny quick disconnect when I go from the Impact M3 rail > RTI rail > King rail. The dam picatinny rails sure ain't nowhere near mil-spec.

Reactions: Leon83
A while ago I came up with this: A springloaded picatinnyclamp using the original V2clamp with only a few parts extra:
IMG_3040a.jpg

And I also made a little thingy that adds on to the FX V2 "rubberband adapter" so the clampable V2 can grab the adapter:
IMG_3043(1a).JPEG

So you now have the option to quickly attach and remove the V2 on a picatinnyrail on a gun, or on the rubberband adapter and use that on a gun...

You can find my writeup about the how-to and the .stl file for the rubberband adapter in a thread from last year: