• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX chronograph V1 vs V2 for .177

So i should really buy a chronograph.

In my country i only have FX available and a few airsoft rated models.
I decided on FX and prefer the size, mounting options and rechargeable aspect of V2 but I read on a few Youtube comments that it can be unreliable with picking up .177 shots.

Any feedback from forum members?

Edit: Totally forgot I already had a little interaction with two forum members on this subject, but still interested in more feedback. Looks like there is not much interest in V2 since Garmin and Labradar were released recently, too.

Last edited:
.177 is a small pellet to create a reliable radar echo return. For .177 cal pellets I have the 'Minimum Return' setting sensitivity set at Lowest to capture all the shots. The default 20% assumes an average shooter’s caliber choice which would be larger.

Screen shot from the manual.
IMG_6072.jpeg

I've had zero issues picking up .177 with mine. The only issues I have had were when the battery was getting low. Problem solved now that they are rechargeable
Are you using moderator with your V2? I saw a guy from FX asked someone who complained about unreliable readings if he used it.
.177 is a small pellet to create a reliable radar echo return. For .177 cal pellets I have the 'Minimum Return' setting sensitivity set at Lowest to capture all the shots. The default 20% assumes an average shooter’s caliber choice which would be larger.

Screen shot from the manual.
View attachment 435991
I downloaded the app to check it before I purchase but I don't see Minimum return option. Are you sure it is not a screenshot for older Pocket chronograph and not a V2?

Last edited:
Vlado, sorry I have only .22 cal and the V1 revision 02 radar.
Instead of batteries I am USB connecting it to an older power bank (could be 8+ years old I was using for travel battery backup, 20000 mAh), I can say I am recharging 2-3 times a year.
I know the .177 pellets much smaller, but a lot of miss-read could be avoided if you have no object around you that creating echo's. And yes, when the radar is powered up (connected to app) you have the option in android app to select the "return".

Reactions: Vlada1911
Oh, didn't know it need to be connected for the "return" option to show up. Thanks! I just downloaded the app to explore before purchase.
Well, I guess I am going to try mu luck vith V2 model, and if it shows as unreliable, I can replace it for an older model and try the power bank mod like you did. Also, loving that paper display you built, but that is far from my capabilities so I'm gonna keep it connected to my phone.

Well, I guess I am going to try mu luck vith V2 model, and if it shows as unreliable, I can replace it for an older model and try the power bank mod like you did.
I just received my v2 yesterday, and it works great, connects easily, and records a couple of shots, then disconnects. I hit the reconnect button and it connects, then in about 10 seconds, disconnects. Over and over again without fail. I'm waiting for my dealer to get back to me on Monday for a return authorization. I tried another phone of a different model, same problem. The good news is that it connects reliably and captures the shot. The bad news is it won't stay connected.