FX Chronograph “piece”

Hopefully someone can help me out. Does the piece circled come with the pocket chronograph? I bought one shortly after they first came out, not sure if I threw away the piece or put it somewhere never to be found again.
IMG_2885.png

I bought one early-on and that piece was NOT a part of the box package. FX came out with that piece a short while later and would mail it to you if you requested to get one.
I requested and received one shortly after.
mike
Ok, I didn’t think mine came with one either, thought I was crazy, tried looking for it for an hour. Going to reach out to FX, I need that piece!

Thanks for your replies @Loff and @starlingassn, I’m guessing you guys got a later version when it was included with chrono

I bought one early-on and that piece was NOT a part of the box package. FX came out with that piece a short while later and would mail it to you if you requested to get one.
I requested and received one shortly after.
mike
^^^^This^^^^
Same here. I got mine before it came out. I sent them a message and they sent me one.

^^^^This^^^^
Same here. I got mine before it came out. I sent them a message and they sent me one.
Talked to customer service yesterday and they said they don’t have them anymore, try one of their dealers to see if they have one. ???
Gonna call a few dealers and post a wtb, maybe someone here has one they might part with.

Talked to customer service yesterday and they said they don’t have them anymore, try one of their dealers to see if they have one. ???
Gonna call a few dealers and post a wtb, maybe someone here has one they might part with.
Are you in the USA? I shot mine and broke the circuit board and it's dead, but I might still have the extra mounts here somewhere.

(edit) clicked on your account and it says yes. Send me your address and I'll get everything I can find and send it, it'll save me from throwing it in the trash. I have a good battery adapter that you can use with AAA NiMH batteries that will run it for hours ( I tested more than 2 hours straight).

Last edited:
Reactions: JungleShooter
I bought one early-on and that piece was NOT a part of the box package. FX came out with that piece a short while later and would mail it to you if you requested to get one. I requested and received one shortly after.
mike
When FX developed the mount, they gave it to users upon request (as per @Revoman)
Then they started charging $5 for one
Why not send an email to [email protected] and find out?

Are you in the USA? I shot mine and broke the circuit board and it's dead, but I might still have the extra mounts here somewhere.

(edit) clicked on your account and it says yes. Send me your address and I'll get everything I can find and send it, it'll save me from throwing it in the trash. I have a good battery adapter that you can use with AAA NiMH batteries that will run it for hours ( I tested more than 2 hours straight).
PM sent

That was not the original "piece".
I ordered the FX Chronograph during its original offering. This was not the configuration.
It came with the " Tripod Bracket" as standard.
In 2019 @mmahoney here on AGN discovered the FX chronograph was more consistent when inverted. FX subsequently made replacement "base adapters" to replace the 1/4-20 tripod mount and gave them free of charge (you payed postage) to those first adopters, and since, have been the standard adapter that is shipped with the chronograph.

Mine came in early days with a tripod adapter/plate and I ordered the barrel adapter separately. Within a year time or just a hair over I replaced the unit "under warranty" for a new version built, but me stupid packed that tripod plate in a box when returned to a dealer. The new radar came with the barrel mount adapter only.
After some time spent in BR shooting last year I realised that I don't like the barrel mount for a known reason but could not get the tripod plate anywhere, so I ended up 3d printing one for myself.