FX chrono position and barrel harmonics

Assuming it still reads reliably, does the position of the FX chrono when mounted on the barrel/moderator (say between 0"- 5" back), have any discernible impact on accuracy relative to shooting with it off? With it on, is it better (from a harmonics/accuracy perspective; for those who know the importance of harmonics in real life - which is not me) to have the weight at the end of the barrel or at the farthest back position where it will still give reliable readings? Thx.

1) It will have an effect on accuracy. Whether it's discernable or not depends on things like barrel rigidity and how much vibration the gun produces.

2) How heavy of a weight and where that weight is placed is extremely rifle dependant. A lot of bench rest shooters experiment with various materials of various weights affixed to barrels in various ways in various positions. It has various effects on accuracy, sometimes astoundingly positive.

Same here. It messes with my POI when hanging on the barrel.

I made this bottle mount and it works fantastic. I have the 3D printed bottle clamp sized so it just slides on and off the bottle. No wrenches needed.
8D8999F8-5EF0-4001-A1B4-72CA4AA07175.1623443058.jpeg
9F5F1BB4-AA72-4CEC-BB88-466EE87ACB6A.1623443061.jpeg

I do not own a FX chronograph. But personally I would not tune a gun for accuracy with a chrono hanging on a barrel. I know when I did remove a section of the modular huma moderator on my taipan, to make it shorter, the POI got higher, and the groups seemed to open up. So instead of trying to find a new speed where the gun grouped better, I reinstalled the section on the moderator, and dialed the spped back to previous setting.

So every kind of weight hanging on the barrel can change accuracy.