• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Chrono or Labradar

I have them both, the main advantage of the LR is velocity data over programmable distances. However, the LR is a bit more finicky with 22 cal and smaller projectiles (especially slugs). I cannot always trust the MV info, and it sometimes doesn't register the shots (using doppler detection). I haven't tried the external mic options though).

The FX chrono can also be finicky with registering shots, but I found that I can trust the data 100% of the time that it picks them up.

Also, my LR has been terrible with velocity readings past 25 meters - more so when the humidity is above ~50%., but I have had a lot of issues getting data even for larger 30 cal projectiles. 

For the pro-chrono there is an infare-red light kit. Cant see the light obviously https://www.competitionelectronics.com/product/indoor-lighting-system/

It's hard to compare the Labradar to the Fx Chrono. The FX chrono is a pocket tool while the Labradar is an "instrument". The Labradar is meant for serious tuning and measuring of BC and analyzing pellet performance for long distances. While the Fx Chrono is meant to measure velocity within a few feet from the muzzle. I would compare them to a table top oscilloscope and a multimeter. .

The benefit of the FX Chrono is that if you mount it on the bottle or air tube below the barrel it does not change the harmonics as long as you do not touch the barrel. 

I just set my chronograph downrange right in front of the target with the sky screens forming an triangle around the bullseye. I know it's risky - either I'm a good shot or just a lucky shot (maybe a little bit of both), because I haven't ever hit the chrono. GOTTA FIND SOME WOOD TO KNOCK ON, NOW.

You can place a steel plate between the chrono and you. That is a good idea even with a traditional chrony...many use a thick plexy glass to protect the LCD display, etc..

I have them both, the main advantage of the LR is velocity data over programmable distances. However, the LR is a bit more finicky with 22 cal and smaller projectiles (especially slugs). I cannot always trust the MV info, and it sometimes doesn't register the shots (using doppler detection). I haven't tried the external mic options though).

The FX chrono can also be finicky with registering shots, but I found that I can trust the data 100% of the time that it picks them up.

Also, my LR has been terrible with velocity readings past 25 meters - more so when the humidity is above ~50%., but I have had a lot of issues getting data even for larger 30 cal projectiles.

You NEED the EXTERNAL MIC in order to read properly with the Labradar.

I just set my chronograph downrange right in front of the target with the sky screens forming an triangle around the bullseye. I know it's risky - either I'm a good shot or just a lucky shot (maybe a little bit of both), because I haven't ever hit the chrono. GOTTA FIND SOME WOOD TO KNOCK ON, NOW.

You can place a steel plate between the chrono and you. That is a good idea even with a traditional chrony...many use a thick plexy glass to protect the LCD display, etc..

Thanks, I never thought about a steel plate in front the chrono. That's a great idea. Currently the LabRadar has my attention, though. Only the price is putting me off.