• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Chrono indoor problems?

Trying to use my FX chrono indoors this morning with no readings. Using in basement on Leshiy with short barrel and DonnyFl extended shroud. I’m using chrono with cradle attached to gun, tried at end of shroud, all the way back and everything in between, still no readings. I’m also shooting into a makeshift trap at close distance, could this be the problem, does trap need to be farther away? If so I need to make a bigger trap. 
I used last week outdoors with excellent results, only a couple of missed readings.

I just opened my FX chrono this week. It's my first chrono and only my second PCP so I'm still new to this.

I shot over 100 pellets over mine the past couple of days. I was shooting a variety of 22 pellets from a 250 mm Leshiy. Basically all indoors although during initial setup I shot out of an open door at night into the hill in my backyard.

I had some trouble at first and I'm still not sure if it was a connection thing or what. But once it started taking readings it was relatively trouble free. 

It read 14 to 18 grain pellets fine with only the occasional non reading. However, I never got it to make one reading on the 11.9 grain RWS Hobbys. They didn't group well at 25 yards so I gave up after maybe ten pellets.

I was shooting relatively slow. 720 FPS for 14 grain was the fastest I had it going that past few days.

I had the chrono attached to the shroud with the stock bracket and a couple rubber bands. It was slid all of the way back. During the initial setup I was also able to get it to read when attached below the lower rail.

My trap was 25 yards away and I didn't try it on a close trap. Even the hill I shot into the first night was at least five yards away.

My only concern was the FPS spread I was getting with shots still on the regulator. I might have to see if it's the same outdoors. Unfortunately I don't have another chronograph to compare it to.

What caliber were you shooting? I think I read it doesn't do as well with smaller calibers.

Just switched my barrels from .22 to .25 shooting into a trap I made quickly out of a pair of pants rolled up in a plastic jug, I wanted to adjust velocity before taking out to check accuracy. I was only shooting a foot or two from trap, must be the problem. I was hoping I could use at short distance in gun room without having to go to range to tune guns. Might have to dig out another chrono for tuning work inside?

I've been using the FX Chrono indoors with only a distance of 6-7 feet between the barrel end/Chrono under it and the target for my PP700 recently.
No issues-- working perfectly-- only 1 failed reading in probably 100 shots. I *did* try using the same chrono on my .457 LSS/CF *down low on the floor* and it didn't work with about the same distance. I switched to a Shooting Chrony after that for the LSS. It's possible the FX doesn't work well on the floor-- haven't tested further with that.