• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX carbon fiber barrel

I was wondering if anyone has replaced the outer barrel with a CF tube of approx 14x8? (for a .22 cal) That should be stiffer and lighter than using a thinner CF tube sandwiched between the liner and outer barrel sleeve. I realise there would be some mucking around required to install the transfer port etc. If the liner is glued then I would presume it would not need to be compressed by the muzzle jam nut.

Assuming you are talking about the STX barrel system, unfortunately the liner is not secured at the breach so might need to swap to a super light breach section before you can attempt the solid carbon barrel idea. I also have been thinking about it but haven’t really put any efforts into it at all since all my barrels shoot phenomenal.

I intended that the CF tube be glued/threaded to the stainless part that the transfer port screws into. or the transfer port could be directly attached to the CF tube, but then the grub screw holding the barrel into the action would be pressing only on the CF tube (which may be ok ??)

My goal in added barrel stiffness is not accuracy per say, but to stop POI shift that is is seen if the 700mm barrels are not babied when used in the field.

Greetings! Im from Argentina.

I dont know if this is exactly what you are after for, but its a way to stiffen all the barrel system. I have the FX Carbon Liner tube, a block that grab/tension the whole barrel system (way before Fx release it) and a carbon fiber shroud that is stiffened with the threaded shroud adapter. When you screw the adapter, it pushes the carbon fiber shroud into the bushing between the grab/tensioner system.

IMG_20220423_132731.1653433560.jpg
IMG_20220425_120232.1653433561.jpg
IMG_20220429_204931.1653433562.jpg