• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Fx bottle leak

Hey, I had a leak in my fx crown and couldn’t find it Until now. It was in the one place I hadn’t thought to look. It was in the neck of the bottle where the valve attaches. (See photo, it’s where my thumbnail is pointing.) Has anyone else had this problem? Im not sure how the bottle is put together and if it can be repaired? Does it unscrew? How do I go about to repair it?

For some reason photo didn’t attach.

6665C91E-6CCA-491C-B16A-2C27E7143E31.jpeg

There are o-rings inside that probably need to be changed. I don't know about the older aluminum bottles but FX has schematics for the newer carbon fiber bottles that give you all the o-ring sizes here:

Let me see if I can find one for the aluminum bottles...maybe they may even be the same size since the FX valves should be the same on either bottle?

EDIT: or check what Douger said below...there shouldn't be a gap between the valve and bottle so maybe you haven't tightened it all the way. You'll need a spanner wrench to do so.

Reactions: airprsr
Three o ring sizes is all. The job of replacing is simple enough, but the hardest part will be-

1. Draining the bottle
2. If the valve was locktited it will be difficult to remove without the use of the correct tools, and I’m not talking about vice grips nor channel locks. Some valves unthread easily by hand, others can be a bear that requires a single stem spanner with an 1/8” stem like this

I would first do the easy part and replace the M12 Dowty seal, that rubber/metal washer, and see if that works. Your local hydraulics or NAPA should have M12 Dowty seals. If not, Amazon has them.

If the leak persists, then replace the three o rings in the valve
489298FA-69DF-4FD1-BA6C-139D25713595.jpeg