• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Boss Regulator

I think my FX Boss may be on the verge of needing to be rebuilt and was wondering if anyone that has done this themselves had any problems. I have a mechanical background and see the rebuild info on YouTube. Surely this can't be that difficult. This is the first of my PCP's to get to this point, so I would like to get my hands dirty on this one.

Going to do exactly that tomorrow. Compared to an Impact's 60 some odd o-rings the Boss should be really easy. I got a reseal kit on Ebay for $14.50 that has all the seals in labeled bags, numbered to correspond with the Boss diagram on FX website. It was resealed just before I got it a few years back but as long as it's apart (problem with trigger ass'y) I'm gonna reseal it. Only about 14 o-rings. Check out Ernest Rowe videos on YouTube for regulator adjustment & rebuild. Piece o cake. You'll need calipers. Here's the link for the kit. Price went up $1.50. Have a heat gun on hand as some of the screws are Loctited in.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I didn't know about the o ring kits on e bay. I was planning to order the rings by number from the FX parts list. I don't know how quick they are to order from since I have some stuff I am waiting on now. Did you have any trouble with the lock tighted cover that holds the reg in place? Earnest Rowe says some heat may be needed. Let me know how your rebuild shoots .

Didn't notice your last post til today. You must have a heat gun or the like to remove certain parts as FX loctites the crap outa stuff, especially hammer spring Adjuster. My gun shoots superbly again!
BTW, o-rings for outside of regulator are 11.9 x 2.62mm. (ID x thickness) I just ordered 25 from Mcmaster-Carr for $6. Lmk if you want me to send some.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I didn't know about the o ring kits on e bay. I was planning to order the rings by number from the FX parts list. I don't know how quick they are to order from since I have some stuff I am waiting on now. Did you have any trouble with the lock tighted cover that holds the reg in place? Earnest Rowe says some heat may be needed. Let me know how your rebuild shoots .
Assuming the Boss assembly is like the Royale, you shouldn't run into any loctite in removing the reg. If the plenum is drained, then the bottle adapter should unscrew easily, and the reg will be right there. If the plenum is under pressure, it should be drained by loosening the stock screw housing.

Reactions: Gerry52
Не забелязах последния ви пост до днес. Трябва да имате топлинен пистолет или нещо подобно, за да премахнете определени части, тъй като FX премахва глупостите, особено регулатора на пружината с чук. Пистолетът ми отново стреля страхотно!
Между другото, о-пръстените за външната част на регулатора са 11,9 x 2,62 mm. (ID x дебелина) Току-що поръчах 25 от Mcmaster-Carr за $6. Lmk, ако искате да изпратя малко.
IMG_20230305_220649.jpg

On Ernest Rowe's YouTube video for adjustment/rebuild of Royale/Boss regulator, he too says it's 11.9x2.62 so that's what I went with.
I hope you get these and there is no problem.
But somewhere along the route there is a mistake, whether originally from FX USA or Ernest Rowe's, I don't know, but in the official chart the size is 11,6x2,4
I've also had a Boss and changed them at least twice
IMG_20230307_212231.jpg

Probably because if you use the smaller ones on the web site, there is a greater chance it'll leak around the body orings. If it slides in easily, you'll feel it and then you'll be lucky if it doesn't leak. If you use the Ernest ones, you need to push in the reg (not too much pressure required), but certainly different than the smaller orings. It won't leak with the ones Ernest recommends...

I tried to service my FX regulator today and changed all the o-rings, but managed to damage the delrin seat beyond repair in the process.

Ernest Rowe specifies article nr 19855 and the name "delrin seat" in his FX masterclass video on youtube, but i can't find a single webshop with a new delrin seat in stock.

Does anyone know where I can find a new one!?