FX Boss Question

I let a friend use the rifle shooting at some swinging targets. I assumed he knew to load one pellet take the shot and so on. Well he loaded 1,2, and 3 pellets then must have pulled the trigger. The gun did not fire the pellets but I think it blew some seals in the block. Now the gun leaks the air to the point you can't fill the bottle. Anyone have an idea where I should start looking for the problem?

Before all this below tape a bag or something over the end of the barrel and see if it inflates as you try to air it up. If yes then go with below, if no it's somewhere else.

I'd take that cap off below the barrel, between the barrel and bottle. You might need to remove the bottle and the bit that the bottle attaches to. Should come off by hand.

Then take the 5mm threaded cap between the barrel and bottle. Be careful as you remove it the valve should be sticking out of this "cap" you can then inspect the valve and make sure the seat didn't break. Maybe it just came unseated and removing and installing back in will fix the problem. Or maybe the inner ring of the seat will come out with the valve.

Remove bottle, then red arrow then blue arrow.

20210928_182641.1632878886.jpg

Yeah, the breech seal is unrelated I think. Since it happened upon firing, it seems that the valve is most likely involved. I don't see how this could cause a leak at the bottle adapter or reg, nor would it be as large a leak as this appears to be.

Yeah super fast leak as soon as you try to fill it points to a valve problem to me. Either valve is unseated or seat broken.

I've double loaded plenty of times and even if they were stuck it caused no damage but crazy things can happen.

If it's leaking out the barrel it narrows it down at least.

There is also the old trick of purposely loading 2 pellets in the breech ('double loading') and then attempting to fill the gun.

Make sure the muzzle is pointed in a safe direction when trying to fill, assuming that (if the valve doesn't close) the double loaded pellets may get shot out of the barrel!

This trick will sometimes get a stuck valve to close and you can then fill and shoot the gun.

Won't always work, and definitely won't work if valve has been damaged or broken.

So I finally figured it out. The barrel was not seated correctly. I also installed the Ernest Rowe dual transfer port and the larger titanium valve seat. Also, installed a Huma regulator set at 160. Filled the gun with to 250 bar and it is holding air no problem. The problem I do have is that, now I have lost the accuracy the gun had. It has too much power it seems and the trigger got heavier. Anyone have any suggestions about tuning without having to go back and reinstall the old components that were working fine. What's that old saying "Don't fix it if it ain't broke". Is it so wrong that I like to tinker?