• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Fx boss ammo

I, personally, stick to the same pellets you're using. I've tried others with my Boss but they're nowhere near as accurate as those you mentioned. The Polymags are for 50 yds & under, the others cover the rest. I tried H&N Barracudas thinking they might work, NOT. Because of the OST barrels they're limited in what ammo will work. Not necessarily a bad thing. Incredibly accurate with the ones that DO work.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pnutt559
I, personally, stick to the same pellets you're using. I've tried others with my Boss but they're nowhere near as accurate as those you mentioned. The Polymags are for 50 yds & under, the others cover the rest. I tried H&N Barracudas thinking they might work, NOT. Because of the OST barrels they're limited in what ammo will work. Not necessarily a bad thing. Incredibly accurate with the ones that DO work.
I agree man, have you tried the jsdes or fx atomic pellets, I was curious about those. Just because sometimes the ones I use are out of stock.

FX pellets are interchangeable with the JSB'S if you have a hard time finding JSB. Hades are "hit & miss" for me. Too much inconsistency in accuracy to use them for hunting. If I adjusted the Boss for more speed (it's shooting around 850fps) to around 920fps they'd probably work great but I don't want to mess with its current perfection. Haven't tried the Atomic ammo.

FX pellets are interchangeable with the JSB'S if you have a hard time finding JSB. Hades are "hit & miss" for me. Too much inconsistency in accuracy to use them for hunting. If I adjusted the Boss for more speed (it's shooting around 850fps) to around 920fps they'd probably work great but I don't want to mess with its current perfection. Haven't tried the Atomic amm

FX pellets are interchangeable with the JSB'S if you have a hard time finding JSB. Hades are "hit & miss" for me. Too much inconsistency in accuracy to use them for hunting. If I adjusted the Boss for more speed (it's shooting around 850fps) to around 920fps they'd probably work great but I don't want to mess with its current perfection. Haven't tried the Atomic ammo.
Makes sense, thanks man. 👍

Do you sort your pellets?

I do not. Then again, I hunt not target shoot. The difference of a sixteenth or eight of an inch when hunting isn't as critical as in competition target shooting. The OST barrels seem to be more forgiving in regards to slight weight variance or slightly mis-shapen skirts. BTW, meeting with a friend to see if we can get some ground squirrels tomorrow. I'm gonna try those "dum dum" pellets & see what happens.

Reactions: Pnutt559
I do not. Then again, I hunt not target shoot. The difference of a sixteenth or eight of an inch when hunting isn't as critical as in competition target shooting. The OST barrels seem to be more forgiving in regards to slight weight variance or slightly mis-shapen skirts. BTW, meeting with a friend to see if we can get some ground squirrels tomorrow. I'm gonna try those "dum dum" pellets & see what happens.
Oh ok, yeah that makes, I dnt do target shooting either, just to sight in. Those pesky California ground squirrels seem to be everywhere, seems like for every one you kill two more pop up huh. Good luck on your hunt and hope you have good results on new pellets. Have fun.