• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Boss air leak and bad gauge

Replace one of the 4 oring of the regulator.

Here you will find the oring size (last post):
http://www.airgunnation.com/topic/size-of-fx-regulator-o-rings

I hope that one of the 2 external oring are damaged. If not you will have to dismantle the reg to replace inner orings. It is quite easy (refer to ernest video on youtube).

You will need to set back the regulator to 160bar. To check the pressure I have an easy way if you do not own a chrony:
- fill your boss to 200bar or more
- remove the bottle and normally the air does not escape from the reg (pressure reg is below 200b and the reg stay close)
- put back the bottle and fire 1 or more shots to decrease the bottle pressure (let's says to 180bar)
- remove the bottle and if the block keeps the pressure inside repeat the process
- bottle back
- 1 or more fire .....

Once you can ear air escaping the block trough the bottle connection -> you are close to the regulated pressure ;)

It seems to be a long process but with practice you can approximate the reg pressure for free in few minutes.

Juan, as far as I know you can remove the bottle safely, The FX400 and FX500 are capable anyway and that's why I'm assuming you can. You can unscrew it slowly until it starts bleeding air and watch the gauge go to zero. Even after you bleed the air off the gauge there may still be some pressure trapped behind the valve so cock the gun and fire it make sure. The picture you had is the regulator. It may just be one of the two outer O-rings leaking. I'd replace them first and reinstall the regulator and see if that doesn't fix the leak. If you do have to disassemble the regulator get some good measurement of it before you take it apart. A digital mic works well. Here is a link to Ernest Rowes website that has lots of good information to help you out.
Jimmy
http://ernestrowe.com/wildcat