Fx BOBCATS??

As I understand the differences, the exterior appearances are virtually identical.
Several changes include:
1) Regulator is factory standard rather than an optional add on.
2) The Quick Fill connector which apparently was the subject of some leak issues has been replaced with a fill connector at the front end of the air tube for a fill probe similar to that on the Cricket.
3) The vertical handle on the cocking lever appears to have been lengthened.

it is on the FX website, as well as any site that sells FX bobcats...im sure it is on here if you searched for it but here it is again:

the new MK II has the following improvements:
-regulator is now standard (no more $210 option)
-the fill system has been changed to a port on the muzzle end of the airtube (no more foster fitting behind the pistol grip)
-the new fill port has a sleeve around it that is rotated when not in use keeping dirt/debris out of the fill port
-there is no more plumbing mess in the stock (old versions were prone to leaks)
-a 2nd gauge has been added to the end of the airtube which shows pressure in the tube, the gauge in the stock shows the operating pressure of the regulator
-price has also dropped (I think $300) from previous models

I will say that they improvements are definitely worth it.

Reactions: robbos
"P.Shooter71"Does all these improvement make more consistent and tighter groups even at 50 to 100 yards and does the shot count increase that much more ?
I don't think the improvements really apply to this - the guns have always been accurate, and FX has always been good at milking a good shot count - regulated or not. I think the improvements are just logical steps in bringing the platform forward, and addressing some concern(s) (whether real or perceived) people had voiced about the the MKI version.

P.Shooter71I got another question, do I really anything more than a 25 cal for coyote ,coons and pigeons

The .25 bobcat would probably be fine for coyote but your going to need a good shot placement. if your doing a lot of coyote hunting then you might want to bump it up a notch. As for pigeons and coons there shouldn't be any problem with that.
Leo

"P.Shooter71"Thx Leo ! Sounds like I'm not making friends with all my questions .
PShooter
71, I say don't worry about it! I think people easily forget what it was like to be new, and with this forum not yet having much history to search through, you are doing what you need to do to learn. If people want to skip your posts, that is their choice, but I read each of them, in case there is something that I can help with - others did it for me, when I was new.

I posted a Bobcat Mk2 thread titled "THE ONE EVEN MY VETERAN FEARS" June 23rd I believe, I don't know how to link you to it but shouldn't be too difficult to fine...just a little testimonial...I've had it since new...shoot it ever week... PM me with any questions...I don't mind.

20230616_134702.jpg

Bobcats, whether Mk I or II, you never see them posted for sale. Why? Whoever has them doesn’t want to get rid of them! They’ re that good. Got two Mk IIs, one in .25 & one in .30, they are keepers.
Don’t really see a lot of ppl posting about them either and they are still available.

Do they really offer anything over the wildcat?
They retail for about the same as the BT version. My guess is they are a hard sell against the WC

Here is a write up I did on Terminator......The rifle traveled to Oklahoma and Texas with me as a backup for Textreme, but wasn't needed. I do have a slight reg creep right now, but it will be after the 4th before I can take care of it.

Bobcat's need to be taken apart to adjust the reg and for me that is the biggest "downfall" of the platform.....On the MKII you need to unscrew the airtube and take the rifle out of the stock and then your work starts from there. Mine has a Huma reg in it and I have a Huma reg tester so setting the reg isn't that bad, it's just making sure you don't have a leak after adjustment and putting the rifle back together.

Tony P.