Fx Bobcats still worth it?

Yes, still worth it! I have a .22 MkI & it still kicks ass. Originally set up by Centercut for scope clicking. My 1st hunting shot with it EVER was a 102 yard squirrel head shot. Its accuracy amazes me still. I have to be honest, I never liked the visual aesthetics of them but I've gotten to love the feel & function of it. MkII's definitely had design upgrades from the MkI.

Last edited:
Reactions: RM100GUY
I take the question as asking whether the Bobcats, considering they are aged platforms, are worth investing in, e.g., moneys, time and or effort.
Exactly what I was going for. With newer rifles like the impacts,prohets,sidewinders, and all the other gune that have come out I'm just curious how the bobcat still holds up today

If your asking about dead nuts accuracy & dependability, YES they're still relevant. If you want/need to tinker, shoot slugs, & constantly readjust things like some newer guns, it's not relevant in that regard only. It's JUST a simple, consistently accurate, quiet shooter's shooter. "Worth it" is subjective to your wants/needs.

Reactions: RM100GUY
Funny you should ask...I just posted a response about the Bobcat the other day and I'm always looking to extol the virtues of this platform without becoming a pest about it...I've been shooting my Bobcat Mk2 .25 for five years from new...I'm passionate about this hobby...maybe too much so...I just got a compressor an Omega Trail charger with 10 fills on it already and have been doing more shooting because of it. Let me tell you about MY Bobcat and experience with it..
20230915_160400.jpg
20230705_191827.jpg
20230505_142607.jpg
..Over the years on my PCP journey I have owned or own: a Theoben Rapid, two FX Wildcat mk1's a .22 and a .25, an FX Streamline .22, two Daystate Huntsman Regals a .177 and a .20, a Wolverine r .177, a Taipan Veteran .22, a Steyr ProX .22 and a Kalibergun Mini Carbine .22, and the Bobcat which was one of the earlier ones. I shot ALL these guns EXTENSIVELY and with the exception of the Veteran...NONE can compare to my Bobcat In my ability to shoot an accurate group, dime or often less at 30 yards is automatic for me with this gun...off my knee...not saying it would work for you but I've been posting groups for years using it. Have had no issues it has two power settings dead accurate on both, tons of shots per fill smooth cocking and quiet...all this is an understatement of my satisfaction with this platform...I'm not sellin' mine....all the guns I've mentioned can't out shoot it in my hands...I'm tellin' you it's magic....FOR ME....Is it worth "it"...ask your self if you could shoot 8 shot groups like the one pictured (30y) sitting in a rocking chair wind permitting, constantly, would it be worth it to you?

Funny you should ask...I just posted a response about the Bobcat the other day and I'm always looking to extol the virtues of this platform without becoming a pest about it...I've been shooting my Bobcat Mk2 .25 for five years from new...I'm passionate about this hobby...maybe too much so...I just got a compressor an Omega Trail charger with 10 fills on it already and have been doing more shooting because of it. Let me tell you about MY Bobcat and experience with it..View attachment 391294View attachment 391295View attachment 391296..Over the years on my PCP journey I have owned or own: a Theoben Rapid, two FX Wildcat mk1's a .22 and a .25, an FX Streamline .22, two Daystate Huntsman Regals a .177 and a .20, a Wolverine r .177, a Taipan Veteran .22, a Steyr ProX .22 and a Kalibergun Mini Carbine .22, and the Bobcat which was one of the earlier ones. I shot ALL these guns EXTENSIVELY and with the exception of the Veteran...NONE can compare to my Bobcat In my ability to shoot an accurate group, dime or often less at 30 yards is automatic for me with this gun...off my knee...not saying it would work for you but I've been posting groups for years using it. Have had no issues it has two power settings dead accurate on both, tons of shots per fill smooth cocking and quiet...all this is an understatement of my satisfaction with this platform...I'm not sellin' mine....all the guns I've mentioned can't out shoot it in my hands...I'm tellin' you it's magic....FOR ME....Is it worth "it"...ask your self if you could shoot 8 shot groups like the one pictured (30y) sitting in a rocking chair wind permitting, constantly, would it be worth it to you?
Yep! I was getting such groups with my late Bobcat .25 cal as well. It was a laser. I sold it only because it was a bit heavy for my liking. In hindsight, I wish I still had it.

Funny you should ask...I just posted a response about the Bobcat the other day and I'm always looking to extol the virtues of this platform without becoming a pest about it...I've been shooting my Bobcat Mk2 .25 for five years from new...I'm passionate about this hobby...maybe too much so...I just got a compressor an Omega Trail charger with 10 fills on it already and have been doing more shooting because of it. Let me tell you about MY Bobcat and experience with it..View attachment 391294View attachment 391295View attachment 391296..Over the years on my PCP journey I have owned or own: a Theoben Rapid, two FX Wildcat mk1's a .22 and a .25, an FX Streamline .22, two Daystate Huntsman Regals a .177 and a .20, a Wolverine r .177, a Taipan Veteran .22, a Steyr ProX .22 and a Kalibergun Mini Carbine .22, and the Bobcat which was one of the earlier ones. I shot ALL these guns EXTENSIVELY and with the exception of the Veteran...NONE can compare to my Bobcat In my ability to shoot an accurate group, dime or often less at 30 yards is automatic for me with this gun...off my knee...not saying it would work for you but I've been posting groups for years using it. Have had no issues it has two power settings dead accurate on both, tons of shots per fill smooth cocking and quiet...all this is an understatement of my satisfaction with this platform...I'm not sellin' mine....all the guns I've mentioned can't out shoot it in my hands...I'm tellin' you it's magic....FOR ME....Is it worth "it"...ask your self if you could shoot 8 shot groups like the one pictured (30y) sitting in a rocking chair wind permitting, constantly, would it be worth it to you?
That sounds like a fantastic rifle what's the long range accuracy like? And thank you for sharing

That sounds like a fantastic rifle what's the long range accuracy like? And thank you for sharing
Using JSB 33gr pellets on high Power 775 fps 1 1/4" was easy @ 100yards...no doubt velocity could be increased by increasing the hammer spring pressure for high Power but preformamce is soooo perfect with this Bobcat on low power I haven't touched it in years...just a joy to shoot on low power...650fps with the 25gr JSBs...I quoted 5 years ownership after thinking about it closer to 6 years. I hate synthetic stocks and it's a big boys size gun but it is an amazing shooter that shows no sign of slowing down any time soon. The FX Bobcat is the real deal!

Reactions: FelixS